Groups

Copying protected DVDs

Has anyone done this? What software do you use?

Basically I want to have a copy of some of my DVDs to store on a harddrive I have attached to the TV. If I try to copy them, either the sound or picture distorts.

10 Comments

DVD Shrink

dvd decrypter

Banned

Babbabooey;6551238

dvd decrypter

+1

Banned

dvddecrypter to remove protection but dvdshrink can condense down to fit a variable size (e.g single sided dvd-r)

works 99% of the time.

then can even turn it into a 700mb avi if you like

Banned

csiman;6551329

dvddecrypter to remove protection but dvdshrink can condense down to fit … dvddecrypter to remove protection but dvdshrink can condense down to fit a variable size (e.g single sided dvd-r)works 99% of the time.then can even turn it into a 700mb avi if you like

Cool, been banging my head at trying to get a 7.2GB copy down to 4.5GB :roll:

The only problem with DVDdecrypter is that because it's no longer supported it can't handle DVDs with ARccOS protection (like most Sony Entertainment ones and others), for that you will need something like ]DVDFab decrypter which is still supported and updated to handle any new versions of ARccOS

Use anydvd to take the protection off,then dvd shrink

barneydog;6551651

The only problem with DVDdecrypter is that because it's no longer … The only problem with DVDdecrypter is that because it's no longer supported it can't handle DVDs with ARccOS protection (like most Sony Entertainment ones and others), for that you will need something like ]DVDFab decrypter which is still supported and updated to handle any new versions of ARccOS

I've tried dvddecrypter and it works for some but dvdfab worked better.....you can get a free trial of dvdfab.......

barneydog;6551651

The only problem with DVDdecrypter is that because it's no longer … The only problem with DVDdecrypter is that because it's no longer supported it can't handle DVDs with ARccOS protection (like most Sony Entertainment ones and others), for that you will need something like ]DVDFab decrypter which is still supported and updated to handle any new versions of ARccOS

:thumbsup:

Decrypter still works on at least 98% if not higher of new releases in conjunction with FixVTS and dvd shrink.

DVDFab HD Decrypter is probably a better bet to cover new user as mentioned above

dontasciime;6553085

:thumbsup:Decrypter still works on at least 98% if not higher of new … :thumbsup:Decrypter still works on at least 98% if not higher of new releases in conjunction with FixVTS and dvd shrink.

That's the method I use most of the time too but use RipIt4Me to automate the process

dontasciime;6553085

DVDFab HD Decrypter is probably a better bet to cover new user as … DVDFab HD Decrypter is probably a better bet to cover new user as mentioned above

That was my thinking too, I only tend to use it if I can't rip it the other way
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions