Groups

Copying songs from iPod

I need a utility to copy songs from my iPod Nano. My laptop died, so I have a new one, but if I link my iPod up to a new copy of iTunes, it will delete all my songs from the iPod.

What are the best utilities to copy the songs off the iPod, so I can put them into iTunes? Any reccomendations

9 Comments

you can do it without a program, set your pc to show hidden files and open up your ipod using windows browser, the song are listed as numbers rather than artist and song name, but when you copy them to your pc and then open up itunes, select add folder to library and add the new folder youve created, itunes will recognise them and they will be listed as normal in your itunes library. there are better guides than this if you google "copy songs from ipod"

Sharepod/ tis the best and easiest and its smaall enough to run off the ipod.

Original Poster

do these need to be installed on the ipod then? i wanted to do it through windows. is that not possible?

bassman_uk;6662196

do these need to be installed on the ipod then? i wanted to do it through … do these need to be installed on the ipod then? i wanted to do it through windows. is that not possible?

'ipod access' does the job.installs everythimg direct to itunes:thumbsup:

Do these work if you have an ipod touch (which doesn't show up on my computer) ?

So...how do you put a touch in disk mode?

Copypod , think its changed its name to copytrans as kelly suggested.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      4. word association Game74044544

See more discussions