Corbyn awfully quiet on Iran's crackdown on protest

Found 4th Jan
Hmm...wonder why? On the payroll - cuddly, man of the people, Corbyn?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
david_wavid10 m ago

I love Jeremy Corbyn.

Are we invited to the wedding?
chaywa1 h, 39 m ago

It's pretty despicable that neither JC, May or BoJo have called out Iran …It's pretty despicable that neither JC, May or BoJo have called out Iran quite frankly. The EU however, has.

Seems a bit harsh - despicable its hardly a priority for us is it?

I doubt the ayatollah is going to take much notice of a grumpy looking politician wagging their finger and calling them out.

Best for us to keep out of it, it doesn't usually work out well when we meddle in the middle east.
deleted265520
OllieSt10 h, 44 m ago

If he had been PM then nothing would have changed. Iraq war would have …If he had been PM then nothing would have changed. Iraq war would have still happened. Whilst history has shown Iraq war was futile it still doesn't explain away Corbyn's choice of friends and his obvious condemnation of US military strikes and his silence when Russia does the same. I know the reverse is true with many western reports, but Corbyn is western, and if he can't be seen to fairly relay that in a balanced manner then he ought not expect to be elected in a nation like the UK. For me it's quite simple.Do yourself a favour and have a look at Press TV and look at some of the forum comments and then ask yourself if that's a source where Corbyn should be earning a salary from.

If he had been the PM we would not have been involved in the Iraq war.
Blair told Bush he would back him whatever and they both deceived everyone.

Hate on Corbyn all you want but how dare you say we would have invaded Iraq if he was PM.

The rest of your post is absolute jibberish btw.
OllieSt17 h, 3 m ago

Corbyn on Iranian Press TV interviewing George Galloway. Addresses him as …Corbyn on Iranian Press TV interviewing George Galloway. Addresses him as his friend. In that same show he interviews a caller that calls Israel a disease. Hamas, Galloway and Hezbollah. A real nice bunch to call mates. The company he keeps disqualifies him from any world stage.

If poor company was enough to disqualify someone we would have no politicians.
39 Comments
Even his own party are demanding that he speaks up.

Maybe he is on the payroll after all.

uk.businessinsider.com/jer…6-9
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 4th Jan
Corbyn the head actor of the masonic Fabian society? Who cares.

32988169-qmyHm.jpg
Edited by: "cowsindahouse" 4th Jan
He does seem to avoid being critical of certain things. Typical politician really.
I love Jeremy Corbyn.
david_wavid10 m ago

I love Jeremy Corbyn.

Are we invited to the wedding?
It's pretty despicable that neither JC, May or BoJo have called out Iran quite frankly. The EU however, has.
chaywa55 m ago

It's pretty despicable that neither JC, May or BoJo have called out Iran …It's pretty despicable that neither JC, May or BoJo have called out Iran quite frankly. The EU however, has.

Yeah now the EU has that will solve everything.
chaywa1 h, 39 m ago

Seems a bit harsh - despicable its hardly a priority for us is it?

I doubt the ayatollah is going to take much notice of a grumpy looking politician wagging their finger and calling them out.

Best for us to keep out of it, it doesn't usually work out well when we meddle in the middle east.
Surprised the liberal left haven't jumped in with some critical comment about Saudi Arabia to divert any Corbyn negativity.

Nasty man.
Corbyn on Iranian Press TV interviewing George Galloway. Addresses him as his friend. In that same show he interviews a caller that calls Israel a disease.

Hamas, Galloway and Hezbollah. A real nice bunch to call mates.

The company he keeps disqualifies him from any world stage.
32990662-rzJzU.jpg
Corbyn is always quiet. Once you exclude all the crap he speaks there’s nothing else left! the fact that they young voters like him is only because he uses Twitter (even though everything he says is utter rubbish!!)
david_wavid7 h, 6 m ago

I love Jeremy Corbyn.

Really .say hello to your therapist
OllieSt3 h, 17 m ago

Corbyn on Iranian Press TV interviewing George Galloway. Addresses him as …Corbyn on Iranian Press TV interviewing George Galloway. Addresses him as his friend. In that same show he interviews a caller that calls Israel a disease. Hamas, Galloway and Hezbollah. A real nice bunch to call mates. The company he keeps disqualifies him from any world stage.

I disagree, Ollie; I wouldn't disqualify him as I think it's important for the voters to see what's really important to him (- and it's clearly not the voters).
tryn2help15 m ago

I disagree, Ollie; I wouldn't disqualify him as I think it's important for …I disagree, Ollie; I wouldn't disqualify him as I think it's important for the voters to see what's really important to him (- and it's clearly not the voters).

I can disqualify him on so many counts, but if I have to put my nice cap on the guy is over 68 years old. Perhaps the younger generation see him as some kind of father figure, but you need to go back to the turn of the last century to find an older PM, and if it's beyond this year that Corbyn was to be appointed he would be the oldest PM since 1855. His at retirement age, and not fit for purpose on those grounds alone.
In fairness though, he voted against the Iraq war didn't he? Unlike most of the others.
And if we'd listened to him we wouldn't have a lot of these problems with Iran and the rest of the Middle East would we?
OllieSt39 m ago

I can disqualify him on so many counts, but if I have to put my nice cap …I can disqualify him on so many counts, but if I have to put my nice cap on the guy is over 68 years old. Perhaps the younger generation see him as some kind of father figure, but you need to go back to the turn of the last century to find an older PM, and if it's beyond this year that Corbyn was to be appointed he would be the oldest PM since 1855. His at retirement age, and not fit for purpose on those grounds alone.

I think he only did so well because the electorate wanted to give the tories a bloody nose.

I really do hope they noticed it, after all it was Theresa May herself who recognised they were being referred to as the Nasty Party back in the day, we just have to hope and pray they've learned from it.

I think May has the potential to be a good PM, but as usual with the tories she's surrounded with the Et-tu-Brute mob within the party.

As for the world stage, poor old Corbyn looks like Steptoe, he's surrounded by junk and he's easily led/misled (imho).
Cr0m6 h, 28 m ago

In fairness though, he voted against the Iraq war didn't he? Unlike most …In fairness though, he voted against the Iraq war didn't he? Unlike most of the others. And if we'd listened to him we wouldn't have a lot of these problems with Iran and the rest of the Middle East would we?

If he had been PM then nothing would have changed. Iraq war would have still happened. Whilst history has shown Iraq war was futile it still doesn't explain away Corbyn's choice of friends and his obvious condemnation of US military strikes and his silence when Russia does the same. I know the reverse is true with many western reports, but Corbyn is western, and if he can't be seen to fairly relay that in a balanced manner then he ought not expect to be elected in a nation like the UK. For me it's quite simple.

Do yourself a favour and have a look at Press TV and look at some of the forum comments and then ask yourself if that's a source where Corbyn should be earning a salary from.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 5th Jan
deleted265520
OllieSt10 h, 44 m ago

If he had been PM then nothing would have changed. Iraq war would have …If he had been PM then nothing would have changed. Iraq war would have still happened. Whilst history has shown Iraq war was futile it still doesn't explain away Corbyn's choice of friends and his obvious condemnation of US military strikes and his silence when Russia does the same. I know the reverse is true with many western reports, but Corbyn is western, and if he can't be seen to fairly relay that in a balanced manner then he ought not expect to be elected in a nation like the UK. For me it's quite simple.Do yourself a favour and have a look at Press TV and look at some of the forum comments and then ask yourself if that's a source where Corbyn should be earning a salary from.

If he had been the PM we would not have been involved in the Iraq war.
Blair told Bush he would back him whatever and they both deceived everyone.

Hate on Corbyn all you want but how dare you say we would have invaded Iraq if he was PM.

The rest of your post is absolute jibberish btw.
like its solely corbyns role to speak out everytime to appease the masses.
also every country ( including here) will quash any anti government protests unless they are tokenistic plackard waving ones.
Edited by: "Azztec" 5th Jan
Azztec9 m ago

like its solely corbyns role to speak out everytime to appease the …like its solely corbyns role to speak out everytime to appease the masses.also every country ( including here) will quash any anti government protests unless they are tokenistic plackard waving ones.

Exactly its pointless posturing and means nothing. No Doubt some bright spark has created some Free Iran stickers and T-shirts to sell to the masses to show they support Iran like they do with Palestine.

My only concern about the Iran protests, is if it affects the price of Pistachio nuts (their main export) other than that its up to the Iranian people to decide if they have had enough of the Ayatollah and his clerics. Good luck to them if they do it will be quite the fight.
OllieSt17 h, 3 m ago

If poor company was enough to disqualify someone we would have no politicians.
DT895th Jan

Hate on Corbyn all you want but how dare you say we would have invaded …Hate on Corbyn all you want but how dare you say we would have invaded Iraq if he was PM.

I was referring to the fact Iraq war would have still happened.

Corbyn's association with terrorist organisations and their sympathisers may sit comfortably with you, but surely you can understand to others it does not. No balance with the man.

Take a look at Press TV. It's death to India, France, UK, USA, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Abbas, Jordan, Egypt etc

You seem like an intelligent individual. Is that where Corbyn ought to be appearing on? I wouldn't, and I guess you wouldn't too.

A George Galloway fav

ps. I don't hate, it's not my thing
CoeK21 m ago

If poor company was enough to disqualify someone we would have no …If poor company was enough to disqualify someone we would have no politicians.

We're talking about the leader of the opposition here. Time will tell.
deleted265520
OllieSt1 h, 2 m ago

I was referring to the fact Iraq war would have still happened. Corbyn's …I was referring to the fact Iraq war would have still happened. Corbyn's association with terrorist organisations and their sympathisers may sit comfortably with you, but surely you can understand to others it does not. No balance with the man.Take a look at Press TV. It's death to India, France, UK, USA, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Abbas, Jordan, Egypt etc You seem like an intelligent individual. Is that where Corbyn ought to be appearing on? I wouldn't, and I guess you wouldn't too.A George Galloway favps. I don't hate, it's not my thing

I'm not so sure. If Bush didn't have puppet Blair propping him up and we were involved in the condemnation of any sort of invasion it probably would've turned out very differently.

I'm not too keen on the Tory Party accepting a donation from Saudi Arabia in 1992 despite them being the biggest exporter of Sunni Extremism if you want to play that game?
It really is sad days when the best we can do with our politicians is argue about which one is a worse human being.
OllieSt1 h, 58 m ago

I was referring to the fact Iraq war would have still happened. Corbyn's …I was referring to the fact Iraq war would have still happened. Corbyn's association with terrorist organisations and their sympathisers may sit comfortably with you, but surely you can understand to others it does not. No balance with the man.Take a look at Press TV. It's death to India, France, UK, USA, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Abbas, Jordan, Egypt etc You seem like an intelligent individual. Is that where Corbyn ought to be appearing on? I wouldn't, and I guess you wouldn't too.A George Galloway favps. I don't hate, it's not my thing

I think it's important to have talks ("To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war." Sir Winston Churchill) even it's just to establish some sort of boundaries.

Establishing boundaries is about the best we can hope for in some situations around the world - it's sad, as it means people continue in their hatred of each other, but if they keep to the boundaries there is at least some form of peace comes from the talks.
DT895th Jan

I'm not so sure. If Bush didn't have puppet Blair propping him up and we …I'm not so sure. If Bush didn't have puppet Blair propping him up and we were involved in the condemnation of any sort of invasion it probably would've turned out very differently.I'm not too keen on the Tory Party accepting a donation from Saudi Arabia in 1992 despite them being the biggest exporter of Sunni Extremism if you want to play that game?

I am quite sure that the invasion of Iraq was inevitable. The Iraq Liberation Act pretty much sealed Sadaam's fate. Cast your mind back to the no fly zones in operation.

We export weapons, it just what we do. We are the 6th biggest supplier in the world, the 3rd largest in the EU, behind France and Germany. It is a 140,000 headcount industry for us.

I think the bribe was totally out of order. In fact I think supplying Saudi Arabia is totally out of order.

So I ask you. Is it totally out of order that Corbyn should present himself on Press TV on various occasions.
tryn2help6 h, 2 m ago

I think it's important to have talks ("To jaw-jaw is always better than to …I think it's important to have talks ("To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war." Sir Winston Churchill) even it's just to establish some sort of boundaries.Establishing boundaries is about the best we can hope for in some situations around the world - it's sad, as it means people continue in their hatred of each other, but if they keep to the boundaries there is at least some form of peace comes from the talks.

No problem agreeing with jaw-jaw, but not on a TV station with supporters of an anti west TV station, nor with prescribed terrorist organisations. If Corbyn want to sit down and talk with Abbas, Saad Hariri or Hassan Rouhani that's great.
i think we also have to bear in mind that there is a British cotizen (who also holds an iranian passport) currently in a iranian jail. so our politicians are being careful in not being critical in public, lest the iranian regime then decide to take it out on Nazanine.

also, we are selling weaponry to the saudis who are busy obliterating yemen so i dont think weve got a moral high ground.
Are people still looking up to Corbyn as the messier and can not see through him as the shallow people pleasing man he is
Chiptivo9 h, 57 m ago

Are people still looking up to Corbyn as the messier and can not see …Are people still looking up to Corbyn as the messier and can not see through him as the shallow people pleasing man he is

To be a successful politician you have to be people pleasing. That's kinda how it works.
OllieSt5th Jan

No problem agreeing with jaw-jaw, but not on a TV station with supporters …No problem agreeing with jaw-jaw, but not on a TV station with supporters of an anti west TV station, nor with prescribed terrorist organisations. If Corbyn want to sit down and talk with Abbas, Saad Hariri or Hassan Rouhani that's great.

One might say that these hate-filled people are the very people we ought to be having talks with - but as I've already said, we might need to have the talks in the full knowledge that we're not going to stop them hating - in which case we would be concentrating on establishing boundaries.

If the above is what Corbyn's trying to do I would support that, but if he's just out there taking sides I'd say he's simply being used to justify and fuel their hatred - in fact, to keep the hatred going - and I don't think any peace loving person could support that.
Those nasty Iranians clamping down illegal violent marches/ rioting eh?

Not like the good ole Us of A where they would be shot by the cops or national guard or in the Uk where they would be rounded up and kettled all day until everyone pissed themselves and died of boredom.
Iran is an unelected brutal theocracy. Anti US, anti UK anti everything we represent.

Read this
Edited by: "OllieSt" 7th Jan
tryn2help2 h, 17 m ago

but if he's just out there taking sides I'd say he's simply being used to …but if he's just out there taking sides I'd say he's simply being used to justify and fuel their hatred - in fact, to keep the hatred going - and I don't think any peace loving person could support that.

How about he's happy with the side he chooses and he's not being used. Why is that concept not a possibility?
CoeK5 h, 0 m ago

To be a successful politician you have to be people pleasing. That's kinda …To be a successful politician you have to be people pleasing. That's kinda how it works.

With so many lies and country crippling policies though.
I suppose it is a possibility.

Would be a very naive thing for a Western politician to do given the fallout with the powers that be.

He's old enough to remember how Wilson and Callaghan were sabotaged right, left and centre when they tried to go against the puppeteers - and neither of them were stupid enough to do anything as suicidal as siding up with Iran.

Blair only got in because he paid homage to the puppetmasters, playing their game, and sometimes being more right wing than most tories - look at how quick he was to back Bush and rush the country into war with Iraq.

But, you could be right, it is possible Corbyn is that simple-minded.
Chiptivo5 h, 54 m ago

With so many lies and country crippling policies though.

Then don't vote for anyone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions