Cordless phone problem

Posted 6th Feb
Hi guys looking for some advice.

My cordless phones have stopped working.
Bt6500 trio set model

Main base works, lights up & charges phones. The trio set all rings when we get a call & can see whose calling but there’s no dial tone & I’ve checked the connection box & it’s not that. The main base still switches on & charges phones but I can’t get the phones to pick up or make a call? When I press button to answer call, the old corded phone on wall keeps ringing. The corded phone works no problem in same connection box. Would it be the main base not transmitting to the phones, it’s weird as I can see incoming calls on screen & just can’t figure it out. There was a bad storm & lightening before it happened so maybe related??

Any help or advice appreciated, thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Make model age of phone may help.
Remove base station's mains power plug from wall socket.
Wait 5 seconds.
Re-insert to wall socket.
Working now ?
AndyRoyd06/02/2020 20:59

Remove base station's mains power plug from wall socket.Wait 5 …Remove base station's mains power plug from wall socket.Wait 5 seconds.Re-insert to wall socket.Working now ?

Tried & still no joy thank you
supergirl206/02/2020 21:29

Tried & still no joy thank you

Does the inter-handset (intercom) function work? Probably something similar to:
1) Press the PHONEBOOK button to access contacts
2) Press the UP button to go to last contact entry
3) Use UP/DOWN to select other handset(s)
4) Press green PHONECALL button.
Comms or no comms?
AndyRoyd06/02/2020 21:40

Does the inter-handset (intercom) function work? Probably something …Does the inter-handset (intercom) function work? Probably something similar to:1) Press the PHONEBOOK button to access contacts2) Press the UP button to go to last contact entry3) Use UP/DOWN to select other handset(s)4) Press green PHONECALL button.Comms or no comms?

Yes all works fine
May be hand set's batteries gone?
Does the answering machine work?
Not at all, picks up but no audio, works 100%.
If the answering machine doesn't work, then it seems the base may have been fried by the storm.

In which case, get a single such as this on ebay ebay.co.uk/i/2…=ps
ebay.co.uk/i/1…202 - bit cheaper, "used" rather than "refurb"
And then use the handset register procedure to re-register them to the replacement
saphiryman06/02/2020 23:00

May be hand set's batteries gone?

Batteries replaced about three weeks ago
matth999906/02/2020 23:52

Does the answering machine work?Not at all, picks up but no audio, works …Does the answering machine work?Not at all, picks up but no audio, works 100%.If the answering machine doesn't work, then it seems the base may have been fried by the storm.In which case, get a single such as this on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/273081777081?chn=pshttps://www.ebay.co.uk/i/174158844909?rt=nc&_trkparms=aid=1110001&algo=SPLICE.SIM&ao=2&asc=225076&meid=81216790b5324d34a6efeaf6805821f6&pid=100677&rk=14&rkt=30&mehot=none&sd=273081777081&itm=174158844909&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2386202 - bit cheaper, "used" rather than "refurb"And then use the handset register procedure to re-register them to the replacement

That sounds like a plan
Thank you for yr advise
supergirl206/02/2020 21:43

Yes all works fine

Is situation from an incoming call from a number already stored in contacts the same as an incoming call from a withheld number?
My guess is that the ring detection (often a separate part of the line interface) is working, but the rest of the line interface is blown, that would explain ring working, but no dialtone or line open, plus perfect intercom... back in the days of dialup internet, a friend had their modem blown by a storm
AndyRoyd07/02/2020 14:27

Is situation from an incoming call from a number already stored in …Is situation from an incoming call from a number already stored in contacts the same as an incoming call from a withheld number?

Incoming calls show up on phone & all phone ring but when button is pressed to answer nothing happens & the old corded phone still rings even though I’ve answered the call on each cordless phone
matth999907/02/2020 20:31

My guess is that the ring detection (often a separate part of the line …My guess is that the ring detection (often a separate part of the line interface) is working, but the rest of the line interface is blown, that would explain ring working, but no dialtone or line open, plus perfect intercom... back in the days of dialup internet, a friend had their modem blown by a storm

Yes sounds like it to me, weird situation but probably storm damage thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants