Cordless Strimmer and Chainsaw

Found 29th May
I have a Honda petrol self propelled lawnmower, with roller which is great (if not a little heavy) and works well on the large garden. Whilst I don't think these battery powered lawnmowers are suited to my large garden, I think a battery strimmer and chainsaw would be OK.

There aren't too many bits to strim and although we have some dead conifers that need chainsawing down and odd branches etc, once this is done I think the chainsaw would only be used for logging. I'm tempted to go for cordless/battery to avoid petrol and having tried to see start up my dad's petrol one I don't think I will manage the pull cord (it's a lot harder than the lawnmower)

Can anyone recommend a cordless strimmer and chainsaw? I guess I'm better with the same brand for battery changes etc?
Community Updates
5 Comments
I'm a Ryobi ONE+ fan - I have the Ryobi ONE+ lawnmower and strimmer. My lawn is around 80ft and the 5Ah battery lets me both strim and cut the lawn on one charge. The joy of the ONE+ range is that the same battery can run a chainsaw, and other peripherals ... worth a look.

I got 2x5Ah batteries when I bought the lawnmower from Homebase - may be worth seeing what offers they have at the moment.
I'd stick with a manual saw for light use personally, chainsaws are nasty things.
Macdory6 h, 35 m ago

I'm a Ryobi ONE+ fan - I have the Ryobi ONE+ lawnmower and strimmer. My …I'm a Ryobi ONE+ fan - I have the Ryobi ONE+ lawnmower and strimmer. My lawn is around 80ft and the 5Ah battery lets me both strim and cut the lawn on one charge. The joy of the ONE+ range is that the same battery can run a chainsaw, and other peripherals ... worth a look.I got 2x5Ah batteries when I bought the lawnmower from Homebase - may be worth seeing what offers they have at the moment.

Well I have been looking into it and on the offchance went into our local homebase which is shutting down.

I got a 36v 4ah cordless one for £100. I think this was pretty good as to hire one would cost me more and ever other budget one was 2ah and 18v.
rachelandgromit1 h, 11 m ago

Well I have been looking into it and on the offchance went into our local …Well I have been looking into it and on the offchance went into our local homebase which is shutting down.I got a 36v 4ah cordless one for £100. I think this was pretty good as to hire one would cost me more and ever other budget one was 2ah and 18v.

That's a great price, although I've got the 18v one, and the battery is a ONE+ so it works with other gear. Saying that, for £100 it is hard to argue ... great buy. The 2ah battery is a waste of time ... 5ah is fine, but anything less would be a pain as you would be constantly recharging it

Although, you originally asked for a strimmer and chainsaw, and ended up buying a lawnmower ... the curse of HotUKdeals strikes again
I meant I did get a chainsaw, 35cm, 36v 4ah cordless one. No strimmer yet but I have lots of trees to cut down!

Still seems a good buy, just charging it up and need to get oil!
Edited by: "rachelandgromit" 29th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions