Cordless Vacuum

Posted 8th Jan
Hi all, and a Happy New Year!

I'm after a bit of advice. I own a Vax Air Cordless (3 years old) and the battery has failed. Battery warranty only 2 years though the vacuum itself is 6 years.

A new battery is £79 (which is close to what I paid for the whole machine when I bought it!) so I'm undecided on buying a battery...or just a whole new vacuum.

Been looking at Shark models and they seem decent though would like a steer from the HUKD community (suggestions on makes and models etc.) so I can make an informed decision.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
I have had a Shark IF130UKTH for about 6 month and it has been great, I would highly recommend it.

Currently £188.55 on Amazon - amazon.co.uk/gp/…GRM
Gormond08/01/2020 10:50

I have had a Shark IF130UKTH for about 6 month and it has been great, I …I have had a Shark IF130UKTH for about 6 month and it has been great, I would highly recommend it.Currently £188.55 on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N8PKGRM

Thanks Gormond. I looked at that. It seems a shame to get rid of my Vax though the battery cost is edging me towards a new machine. Is the Shark good on carpet and hard floors?
m120firestormer08/01/2020 10:52

Thanks Gormond. I looked at that. It seems a shame to get rid of my Vax …Thanks Gormond. I looked at that. It seems a shame to get rid of my Vax though the battery cost is edging me towards a new machine. Is the Shark good on carpet and hard floors?

I use it mainly on carpets but works well on hard floors too, plenty of reviews on YouTube (it's known in the US as the ION F80).
I recently purchased a vacuum by Xiaomi, Jimmy JV83
Really fantastic, lots of youtube video's
Sandy101208/01/2020 11:44

I recently purchased a vacuum by Xiaomi, Jimmy JV83Really fantastic, lots …I recently purchased a vacuum by Xiaomi, Jimmy JV83Really fantastic, lots of youtube video's

Thanks. I'll take a look
Gormond08/01/2020 10:50

I have had a Shark IF130UKTH for about 6 month and it has been great, I …I have had a Shark IF130UKTH for about 6 month and it has been great, I would highly recommend it.Currently £188.55 on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N8PKGRM

Decided to take a punt on this as had been looking at Sharks initially. Arrived today and impressed so far. Thanks everyone for your comments and thoughts - much appreciated.

Going to hang onto the Vax incase the batteries drop dramatically in price so got a back up vacuum if needed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants