cordless vacuums - V6 alternatives

Found 9th May 2016
Need to get a new vacuum cleaner as the old ones on the way out.
Very tempted with the v6 range from Dyson, and have seen positive reactions to it in the comments, but are any of the other brands worth considering?

11 Comments

Why cordless? You're never far from a plug socket in your house anyway. No batteries to go flat or stop charging.

Original Poster

I just like the thought of picking it up as and when it's needed, would make the stairs alot easier as well as using it in the car

I've got a gtech multi which has been great. I do think know if it will have the same power as the v6 but certainly better than the dc35 type ones I found. Mainly use it for stairs, adhoc and car with my trusted vax upright doing the more strenuous work

Original Poster

Would like for something that could do both, rather than have two machines. Dyson had the animal v6 refurb at 190 the other day but has gone back up to 230 now, wish I hadn't dawdled

aj84

I've got a gtech multi which has been great. I do think know if it will … I've got a gtech multi which has been great. I do think know if it will have the same power as the v6 but certainly better than the dc35 type ones I found. Mainly use it for stairs, adhoc and car with my trusted vax upright doing the more strenuous work

I've got a Gtech AirRam for the floor & a Gtech Multi for the rest.
http://vomzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/loser-gif-656.gif

I've had a Dyson DC59 for just over a year, on the whole it's been great, filter does block up & needs washing out every couple of weeks "Probably worth buying a spare"& you have to empty the bin thing pretty much after every use or the thing looses power & doesn't suck up very well.
For the car i tend to to still use the Henry Hoover, it doesn't seem to like picking up the small stones & usual stuff you get in the footwell. I would't be without mine & you do tend to hoover more often because it's a lot less hassle. I've had to use the warranty to replace the handle assy as the trigger broke off, i think it's a bad design. So i would advise to buy brand new with a 2 year warranty.

Original Poster

OldEnglish

I've got a Gtech AirRam for the floor & a Gtech Multi for the rest.

​That's just showing off!

Just get a dustbuster, I have a wet and dry one, it cost less then 40 quid tho I can't remember how much it cost, it does the job of hoovering up crumbs well, never tried it on liquids and not sure where the attachment is for that.

Those dyson things look massive and ultimately pointless as if you are going to spend that amount of cash buy a proper one, bagless proper corded ones are awful anyway, its not so bad when its a little box of crumbs but to hell with emptying a proper one, bags were invented for a reason because they are better and cleaner.

yarkiebrown

I just like the thought of picking it up as and when it's needed, would … I just like the thought of picking it up as and when it's needed, would make the stairs alot easier as well as using it in the car

My car is too wide for my stairs. Do you drive a particularly thin vehicle, or do you have wide stairs?

Dyson's wreck your carpets, google it, they pretty much are too powerful for the pile, I have a Henry (old one) try and pick one up from ebay they are easy to get replacement parts for the motor etc, bags are cheap will last forever if you want it too.

haritori

Dyson's wreck your carpets, google it, they pretty much are too powerful … Dyson's wreck your carpets, google it, they pretty much are too powerful for the pile, I have a Henry (old one) try and pick one up from ebay they are easy to get replacement parts for the motor etc, bags are cheap will last forever if you want it too.

My mums got a Henry its at least 15 years old, still works fine, my dad got a discount on em when he worked as a office cleaner, theres a reason why so many businesses use them, they are simple and do the job and are pretty much indestructible, my mums second fave, she's in her 70s so had a lot of cleaners her fave was the AEG vampire.

I have a morphy richards prim air I think its called, had it for years lovely thing, it's allergy association approved for the filters, pretty light, powerful if you want it to be and the bags are great as they can be sealed before you take them out so no danger of a facefull of dirt and reminds me a lot of the AEG which was a very good vacuum cleaner.
Post a comment
@
    Text