Groups

cordyline tree help!! any gardeners out there! UPDATE!!! BEEN DEAD FOR MONTHS BUT NOW IT'S ALIVE!!!! (either that or i have a zombie tree! :p)

hi everyone
    the big cordyline tree in my back garden has started to loose most of it's leaves. it's approx 9 feet tall and for the past week or so most of the leaves off the top have started falling off in clumps. the leaves that have fallen all look green and not diseased or anything so just wondered it anyone here knew what i could do, is it dying and if so why? it's been here a lot longer than i've lived here (approx 6 years) and i've never seen this happen before
    i'm not a very experienced gardener at all so was hoping someone could give me advice
    thank you in advance

9 Comments

Looks like the extereme cold weather has killed it off

Original Poster

Mallinersha;8164840

Looks like the extereme cold weather has killed it off

really? that's not good, there's still some green leaves left on top, is there anything i could do to save it as the weather is starting to improve now. would hate to loose it as it's a big feature in my garden

missp27;8164887

really? that's not good, there's still some green leaves left on top, is … really? that's not good, there's still some green leaves left on top, is there anything i could do to save it as the weather is starting to improve now. would hate to loose it as it's a big feature in my garden

The same has happened to a neighbours, all the leaves have just turned brown and fell off. The weight of the snow killed theirs.

Original Poster

Mallinersha;8165370

The same has happened to a neighbours, all the leaves have just turned … The same has happened to a neighbours, all the leaves have just turned brown and fell off. The weight of the snow killed theirs.

that's the thing though, the leaves that have fallen off aren't brown they're still green

missp27;8165376

that's the thing though, the leaves that have fallen off aren't brown … that's the thing though, the leaves that have fallen off aren't brown they're still green

It might recover then, only time will tell. Did it snow heavy in your area?

Original Poster

Mallinersha;8165697

It might recover then, only time will tell. Did it snow heavy in your … It might recover then, only time will tell. Did it snow heavy in your area?

not as heavy as a lot of areas but we did have a lot of frost, i think that's probably the cause, fingers crossed it will recover

Original Poster

yay!! it's been a giant stick for months and it's now got two little sprouts coming from halfway up the trunk :-D
    either it's a zombie tree or it's miraculously come back to life
    am very happy

missp27;8766042

yay!! it's been a giant stick for months and it's now got two little … yay!! it's been a giant stick for months and it's now got two little sprouts coming from halfway up the trunk :-Deither it's a zombie tree or it's miraculously come back to life :)am very happy

praise the lord .... alleluia ....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband1112
      2. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!22
      3. How to cancel Sky subscription68
      4. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming35

See more discussions