Groups

Coronation Street Tours

Hi, I went to granada studios when i was a child and i want to go again, its where the set of coronation street is and some other stuff. I cant find an official website anywhere! Can someone help me find one? Thanks rep given

8 Comments

i'm sure the tours shut down years ago... I remember being dragged round there by my folks when I was a kid too. The only good part imo was the motion ride they had there (seem to remember it being Robocop or something similar)

Original Poster

Really? Shame they shut down, still need to find an official website though

kiwinator;6536795

Really? Shame they shut down, still need to find an official website … Really? Shame they shut down, still need to find an official website though

It closed 10 years ago

en.wikipedia.org/wik…our

midlandscomics;6536870

It closed 10 years ago :)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granada_Studios_Tour

i think i must have been one of the last to visit cos it was so run-down and shabby..hardly a day trip more like an hours visit-shame really..

Original Poster

rep given

kiwinator;6538980

rep given

I work at ITV Granada on Corrie, unfortunately it closed in 1999.

Were you just wanting to have a look on the cobbles?

nwressell;6540562

I work at ITV Granada on Corrie, unfortunately it closed in 1999.Were you … I work at ITV Granada on Corrie, unfortunately it closed in 1999.Were you just wanting to have a look on the cobbles?

Why was it shut down then,was it not cost effective?

The theme park itself not corrie just wasn't cost effective anymore.

Corrie now film 5 days sometimes 6 days a weeks so tours would be very hard to do now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions