coronavirus - online returns

Posted 15th Mar
Anyone any idea what will happen if restrictions are imposed like has been happening elsewhere in Europe.

Will hermes and the post office cease operations or carry on as normal?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
For the time being, don't order things that you might want to return. Problem solved.
28 Comments
You should cross that bridge....
For the time being, don't order things that you might want to return. Problem solved.
There are so many threads on misc, I'm sure in one of them they'll be an answer
Delbert.Grady15/03/2020 21:12

For the time being, don't order things that you might want to return. …For the time being, don't order things that you might want to return. Problem solved.

Sound advice
How much are the goods, I wouldn't worry about anything <£100? If you cannot risk this amount. The second comment above is a perfect answer.

Who would know what may happen, we have opposing views, "it is just a fever" versus "I may die".
i think they will be fine unless the delivery drivers fall ill and have to stay at home.
mutley115/03/2020 21:55

i think they will be fine unless the delivery drivers fall ill and have to …i think they will be fine unless the delivery drivers fall ill and have to stay at home.

They are talking about lock down, movement of people only in emergencies and for food shopping, returns will not be classed as an emergency that’s for sure.
eslick15/03/2020 22:11

They are talking about lock down, movement of people only in emergencies …They are talking about lock down, movement of people only in emergencies and for food shopping, returns will not be classed as an emergency that’s for sure.

i hope we don't get to that stage in the UK as i have booked a week's holiday in wales in august!
mutley115/03/2020 22:15

i hope we don't get to that stage in the UK as i have booked a week's …i hope we don't get to that stage in the UK as i have booked a week's holiday in wales in august!

Think it’s to late to hope
eslick15/03/2020 22:16

Think it’s to late to hope

i booked a cottage through airbnb using my credit card. would i be able to claim any refund if the lockdown does happen?
mutley115/03/2020 22:17

i booked a cottage through airbnb using my credit card. would i be able …i booked a cottage through airbnb using my credit card. would i be able to claim any refund if the lockdown does happen?

Good question, think it’s one you need to check the with the card provider.
eslick15/03/2020 22:25

Good question, think it’s one you need to check the with the card provider.

they did say that in the warmer weather the virus will be less effective and the infection rate will slow so hopefully by august we will be in a better position. really bad times at the moment.
mutley115/03/2020 22:29

they did say that in the warmer weather the virus will be less effective …they did say that in the warmer weather the virus will be less effective and the infection rate will slow so hopefully by august we will be in a better position. really bad times at the moment.

latest government report with worst case scenario says it could be around till spring 2021. The problem they have is they think it will ease like flu does in summer but hot countries have got lots of cases as well so who really knows.
Expect online deliveries to cease if the drivers refuse to work. RM taking precautions for now, but they might stop too if things escalate.

40113297-Ypvpq.jpg
Just hope the Royal mail is still working by the 20th as got Animal Crossing coming!
All businesses will have to prioritise health and safety, along side governance recommendations and mandates. While trying to stay afloat.
It’s likely that staff will become scarce as demand will quieten down, due to lack of confidence in spending. Outgoing goods will be prioritised over incoming goods, to ensure people in isolation get what they need.
The clever retailers will extend return windows, the not so clever will lose customers permanently.

Rather than worrying about what ifs. Keep safe, buy only what you need and help others round you. The stringkini can wait a few months.
More to to do with deliveries than returns - but many of the courier companies like DPD now have information about Coranavirus on their websites giving you options about receiving parcels if you don’twant to sign for parcels using their touchscreen devices or if you are self isolating.
Ordered something off eBay and location was London. When I payed PayPal email had seller name as Chinese writing so 1st thing I thought right it’s coming from China. I sent them a message and they said it takes 10/15 days for it to arrive and the item is in London.
I’m not a fool because Iv seen a order like that happened before
if it’s from China it may be contaminated
.MUFC.16/03/2020 14:09

Comment deleted

Do you have a link to that please, as i thought it was a few days.
Actually don't worry i've found it and you're wrong it's much longer and it's concerning that you're giving out wrong information and potentially putting peoples lives at risk if they take notice of you.

It seems to be 24 hours for cardboard and up to 3 days on stuff like stainless steel and plastic.

medrxiv.org/con…pdf
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 16th Mar
m1keyp1key16/03/2020 14:17

Do you have a link to that please, as i thought it was a few days.

Huge facepalm for me. Yes it can live outside the body for a few days depending on surface. I was basing it on other things I've read. Still it takes more than a few days to get from China to your door etc..
Edited by: ".MUFC." 16th Mar
m1keyp1key16/03/2020 14:23

Actually don't worry i've found it and you're wrong it's much longer and …Actually don't worry i've found it and you're wrong it's much longer and it's concerning that you're giving out wrong information and potentially putting peoples lives at risk if they take notice of you. It seems to be 24 hours for cardboard and up to 3 days on stuff like stainless steel and plastic.https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.09.20033217v1.full.pdf

I stand corrected and embarrassed. I apologise.
.MUFC.16/03/2020 14:26

Huge facepalm for me. Yes it can live outside the body for a few days …Huge facepalm for me. Yes it can live outside the body for a few days depending on surface. I was basing it on other things I've read. Still it takes more than a few days to get from China to your door etc.. Really nothing to worry about.

From China i agree nothing to worry about but your post was misleading. When i read what you put i was going to change my habits of parcels we recieve. If i had i would of been putting my family at risk.

It's really important to have info spot on.
m1keyp1key16/03/2020 14:29

From China i agree nothing to worry about but your post was misleading. …From China i agree nothing to worry about but your post was misleading. When i read what you put i was going to change my habits of parcels we recieve. If i had i would of been putting my family at risk. It's really important to have info spot on.

I totally agree, I made a mistake and I'm not usually one for making silly mistakes like that. Hence why I deleted my comment.
Misslovely16/03/2020 12:57

Ordered something off eBay and location was London. When I payed PayPal …Ordered something off eBay and location was London. When I payed PayPal email had seller name as Chinese writing so 1st thing I thought right it’s coming from China. I sent them a message and they said it takes 10/15 days for it to arrive and the item is in London. I’m not a fool because Iv seen a order like that happened beforeif it’s from China it may be contaminated

Same here but couldn't see where it had come from. When I saw the Customs Declaration on it I put it down and left it alone and have not touched it since. Item based in London UK my a**. Feedback will be Neutral or Negative.
.MUFC.16/03/2020 14:34

I totally agree, I made a mistake and I'm not usually one for making silly …I totally agree, I made a mistake and I'm not usually one for making silly mistakes like that. Hence why I deleted my comment.

It's easily done......we all make them. Not everyone is as decent as you though and owns up to it.
.MUFC.16/03/2020 14:28

I stand corrected and embarrassed. I apologise.

Feeling embarrassed shouldn't be a problem for you, United fan and all...
deleted8085816/03/2020 14:46

Feeling embarrassed shouldn't be a problem for you, United fan and all... …Feeling embarrassed shouldn't be a problem for you, United fan and all...

Well we've embarrassed you 3 times this season
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants