Groups

Correct way to greet a lady??

Banned
    As per title, how would I go about meeting say a girlfriend's mother or just a general woman I meet?? Is a hug appropriate or a kiss on the cheek??

I mean its easy with men, shaking hands, but is that out of place with women??? I have always found it difficult as to what the correct way is... Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys
    David

43 Comments

A shake then a kiss on the cheek

How much ?

You wont have the answer till you meet her. At first impression you would be able to see if she is an open/effusive/friendly lady or a more conservative and reserved type where a kiss might not be appropriate.:thumbsup:
    Just be yourself.

Pick one and stick with it!

I do the shake hands and a kiss when meeting and a hug & kiss goodbye.

Only variation is for professional meeting at work, etc.

Don't EVER change what you do - ESPECIALLY if your meeting a group of friends / family etc. It causes way too many problems.

A firm handshake and strong eye contact would suffice if meeting your gf's mum for the first time. Cup your 2nd hand over hers while handshaking and caress it delicately.

Though you might want to kiss her if she's well fit.

robtallica;4258206

A firm handshake and strong eye contact would suffice if meeting your … A firm handshake and strong eye contact would suffice if meeting your gf's mum for the first time. Cup your 2nd hand over hers while handshaking and caress it delicately.Though you might want to kiss her if she's well fit.

:lol:

Quick hug with a cheeky ass-grab.

dxx;4258270

Quick hug with a cheeky ass-grab.

I've had experience of that, was done to me instead tho by a gf's mum.

Makes it even worse when they wink at you

robtallica;4258206

A firm handshake and strong eye contact would suffice if meeting your … A firm handshake and strong eye contact would suffice if meeting your gf's mum for the first time. Cup your 2nd hand over hers while handshaking and caress it delicately.Though you might want to kiss her if she's well fit.

ROFL! :-D

The thread line topic of this creases me up laughing "Correct way to greet a lady" reminds me so much of the Little Britain Sketch "we are ladies, you know" lol.

robtallica;4258206

lol rob

depends on the circumstances I think, I've always shaken hands with women I met at work - its a good greeting regardless of gender, but I think shaking hands is a bit formal day-to-day... try a high five.

i dont like random guys giving a kiss....

i always find, the tilt of the hat and a 'maam' works a charm.

catinthehat;4258371

i always find, the tilt of the hat and a 'maam' works a charm.

old fashioned charm... i like it

MissRoo;4258335

lol rob

Hey missy hope you're well

magicbeans;4258366

i dont like random guys giving a kiss....

Ahem! :x

For a first time meet as G/F's mum, I would expect a young man to just shake my hand.
    If there's a meal or some sort of do after that then I would probably swop a cheek kiss, but by then I probably have had something to drink!! No, seriously that's what I'd expect.
    I would play it a bit by ear if I were you - but be careful with the handshake - overly firm is too macho and limp lettuce is just horrible.
    Just general women : a handshake

cicobuff;4258332

The thread line topic of this creases me up laughing "Correct way to … The thread line topic of this creases me up laughing "Correct way to greet a lady" reminds me so much of the Little Britain Sketch "we are ladies, you know" lol.

Yeah, difference being some of the stuff on this thread is funny.

robtallica;4258388

Hey missy hope you're well

im ok i guess... should get off my bum n do stuff tho
    u well?

chesso;4258391

For a first time meet as G/F's mum, I would expect a young man to just … For a first time meet as G/F's mum, I would expect a young man to just shake my hand. If there's a meal or some sort of do after that then I would probably swop a cheek kiss, but by then I probably have had something to drink!! No, seriously that's what I'd expect.I would play it a bit by ear if I were you - but be careful with the handshake - overly firm is too macho and limp lettuce is just horrible.Just general women : a handshake

Exactly. That's what I do tbh, it can be awkward if you're both unsure and get mixed up trying to do both.

My best friends girlfriend often pats me on the back when I kiss her hello(I think it's her being nervous), I'm never sure about patting ettiquette :giggle:

MissRoo;4258448

im ok i guess... should get off my bum n do stuff thou well?

You got alot to do? Funny, I hadn't spoken to you for ages - and last few days I've chatted to you loads

BlondeBella;4258132

A shake then a kiss on the cheek

even on a first date? hoe! :w00t:

I usually just pick them up and give them a Big Bear Hug, sometimes I even throw in a roar :w00t:

To the OP....

I hope your GF's mum does not access this site and is certainly not reading this thread...! :w00t:

When your Girlfriend's Mum opens the door say...

"Oh, hello... didn't say she had a sister. Is your Mum in?"

Alternatively, the Joey Tribbiani standard "How you doin'?" may work.

BFN,

fp.

robtallica;4258486

You got alot to do? Funny, I hadn't spoken to you for ages - and last few … You got alot to do? Funny, I hadn't spoken to you for ages - and last few days I've chatted to you loads

yes i know!.. and yeh kinda, just abit down .. struggling to move

rehydrated;4258509

I usually just pick them up and give them a Big Bear Hug, sometimes I … I usually just pick them up and give them a Big Bear Hug, sometimes I even throw in a roar :w00t:

:lol:

robtallica;4258465

Exactly. That's what I do tbh, it can be awkward if you're both unsure … Exactly. That's what I do tbh, it can be awkward if you're both unsure and get mixed up trying to do both.My best friends girlfriend often pats me on the back when I kiss her hello(I think it's her being nervous), I'm never sure about patting ettiquette :giggle:

Yes, patting could be a bit fraught!! Stroking as well - not to be attempted with the older lady.:)

MinstrelMan;4258501

even on a first date? hoe! :w00t:

Thats just with stranger my first dates are better :lol:

robtallica;4258312

I've had experience of that, was done to me instead tho by a gf's … I've had experience of that, was done to me instead tho by a gf's mum.Makes it even worse when they wink at you

They do it just to fck with us, don't they?

MissRoo;4258527
    yes i know!.. and yeh kinda, just abit down .. struggling to move

Thanks for the love letters you sent me btw, the perfume you put on them smelled lovely:-D

fanpages;4258517
    When your Girlfriend's Mum opens the door say...

"Oh, hello... didn't say she had a sister. Is your Mum in?"

Alternatively, the Joey Tribbiani standard "How you doin'?" may work.

Don't know if they still work - a little bit overexposed now lol.

chesso;4258534
    Yes, patting could be a bit fraught!! Stroking as well - not to be attempted with the older lady.:)

Stroking?! :w00t:

It's ok if you're best mates gf is a racehorse :lol:

moob;4258422

Yeah, difference being some of the stuff on this thread is funny.

Jeezus...someone get out the wrong side of bed :roll:

dxx;4258564

They do it just to fck with us, don't they?

Yeah they do. Makes things very uncomfortable when you fancy them both :-D

Banned

a hello mr`s how am I fixed ( if she is top totty) .... if she is a tug.. handshake then wash hands:w00t:

robtallica;4258584

Thanks for the love letters you sent me btw, the perfume you put on them … Thanks for the love letters you sent me btw, the perfume you put on them smelled lovely:-D

haha u wish

dog_cop;4258815

a hello mr`s how am I fixed ( if she is top totty) .... if she is a tug.. … a hello mr`s how am I fixed ( if she is top totty) .... if she is a tug.. handshake then wash hands:w00t:

lol sad but true.

MissRoo;4258957

haha u wish

Yeah I know, there was no perfume :x

robtallica;4258967

Yeah I know, there was no perfume :x

..id ran out, with all my other admirers id used it all up :whistling:

(i wish)

MissRoo;4259054

..id ran out, with all my other admirers id used it all up :whistling::p … ..id ran out, with all my other admirers id used it all up :whistling::p (i wish)

Haha, you're probably right.

Your Xbox 360 character is cute btw - does she have a bf?

robtallica;4259299

Haha, you're probably right.Your Xbox 360 character is cute btw - does … Haha, you're probably right.Your Xbox 360 character is cute btw - does she have a bf?

does my character have a bf? why is yours interested ;-) tell him she likes flowers

MissRoo;4259405

does my character have a bf? why is yours interested ;-) tell him she … does my character have a bf? why is yours interested ;-) tell him she likes flowers

Well your's is the only chick on there besides my sisters one - so you'll have to do for him:p
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions