Found 6th Oct 2009
I'm trying to put some video files on my PSP to watch while I'm on holiday, but all but 2 keep showing as corrupt files when I transfer them onto my PSP.

I've converted them to MP4 format as needed, and they work fine in quick time, but not on my PSP.

Does anyone know why this is and what i can do to fix it?

19 Comments

are you putting them in the "video" folder mate?

Sadly it's not as easy as that - you have to convert them to a format that the PSP can read, usually ending up with two files that are called 100MNV01 inside a folder called MP_ROOT or wot not

Anyway - I converted like 5 video's when the PSP first got released then just didn't bother anymore. such a pain in the azz

Original Poster

Tried the video folder, and the other folder (100MNV01) which is found in the root folder.

Neither work

what firmware version are you running

also are you using custom fw or official?

buzzman;6492702

Tried the video folder, and the other folder (100MNV01) which is found in … Tried the video folder, and the other folder (100MNV01) which is found in the root folder.Neither work

You've not converted them in PSP format then, you have to have 2 files for the PSP to read it, pathetic I know.

Reminds of a Sony 'mp3' player I once bought were it wouldn't play MP3, instead it converted it to ATRAC before uploading them to the device...

This IS Sony we're talking about :whistling:

Original Poster

Official firmware version 5.03

blackster;6492716

what firmware version are you runningalso are you using custom fw or … what firmware version are you runningalso are you using custom fw or official?

Firmware does not matter - the videos still have to be in the correct PSP format.

Go and buy some movie UMD's (you know it's what Sony wants) :thumbsup:

]But here's a guide if you can still be bothered

Original Poster

Mallinersha;6492723

Firmware does not matter - the videos still have to be in the correct PSP … Firmware does not matter - the videos still have to be in the correct PSP format. Go and buy some movie UMD's (you know it's what Sony wants) :thumbsup:]But here's a guide if you can still be bothered

I've down exactly what it says in this guide but it doesn't seem to work - except for 2 films

Mallinersha;6492723

Firmware does not matter - the videos still have to be in the correct PSP … Firmware does not matter - the videos still have to be in the correct PSP format. Go and buy some movie UMD's (you know it's what Sony wants) :thumbsup:]But here's a guide if you can still be bothered

well mine wouldn't play some MP4 movies untill i went over 3.03 firmware

I'm using custom fw 5.50 and i have a folder called "Video", i drag all MP4 stuff into that, providing it's got a jpeg icon image called the same it will show up in the video folder on your psp, using the 100MNV01 method is oldskool!

trust me i watch alot of movies on my psp know this for sure.

backup everything off your memory stick mate and format your memory card in the PSP

It should put a new folder there which is called "Video"

Original Poster

blackster;6492769

backup everything off your memory stick mate and format your memory card … backup everything off your memory stick mate and format your memory card in the PSPIt should put a new folder there which is called "Video"

The ones that work are in the video folder. I cannot get any others to work - using this method or the old school method

when you say the ones that work, have you converted them using the same method as the ones that dont work?

Original Poster

blackster;6492785

when you say the ones that work, have you converted them using the same … when you say the ones that work, have you converted them using the same method as the ones that dont work?

yup - used the same method

Mallinersha;6492696

Sadly it's not as easy as that - you have to convert them to a format … Sadly it's not as easy as that - you have to convert them to a format that the PSP can read, usually ending up with two files that are called 100MNV01 inside a folder called MP_ROOT or wot notAnyway - I converted like 5 video's when the PSP first got released then just didn't bother anymore. such a pain in the azz

it was changed ages ago. sony made it much easier.. you dont need 2 files. just put the mp4 in the video folder.

Banned

Mallinersha;6492696

Sadly it's not as easy as that - you have to convert them to a format … Sadly it's not as easy as that - you have to convert them to a format that the PSP can read, usually ending up with two files that are called 100MNV01 inside a folder called MP_ROOT or wot notAnyway - I converted like 5 video's when the PSP first got released then just didn't bother anymore. such a pain in the azz

you sure about that? Its very quick & easy to make psp videos from divx / mp4 files

I just put converted videos into VIDEO folder and call them anything I like with a MP4 filetype

PSP manual:-

Copy the video file to Memory Stick Duo™ media to enable it to be played on the PSP™ system. Using a PC, create a folder named "VIDEO" within the Memory Stick Duo™ media, and then copy the file into that folder.

To the OP.

Use this software which is free as the 2 files that wont work are probably a different resolution to what the psp can handle and a straight conversion to mp4 like you have done wont help matters

Click on ]Softpedia Mirror (US) - r25 Unofficial on this page

softpedia.com/pro…tml

and then convert your video to PSP output format using these settings:-

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot076.jpg

Original Poster

csiman;6492950

you sure about that? Its very quick & easy to make psp videos from divx / … you sure about that? Its very quick & easy to make psp videos from divx / mp4 filesI just put converted videos into VIDEO folder and call them anything I like with a MP4 filetypePSP manual:-Copy the video file to Memory Stick Duo™ media to enable it to be played on the PSP™ system. Using a PC, create a folder named "VIDEO" within the Memory Stick Duo™ media, and then copy the file into that folder.To the OP.Use this software which is free as the 2 files that wont work are probably a different resolution to what the psp can handle and a straight conversion to mp4 like you have done wont help mattersClick on ]Softpedia Mirror (US) - r25 Unofficial on this page http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/XviD4PSP-video-converter-for-PSP-and-PC-Download-47374.htmland then convert your video to PSP output format using these settings:-

Tried this - still doesn't work

Banned

buzzman;6494709

Tried this - still doesn't work

where did you download the video from? I can try it if you PM me the file link

xvid4psp has never failed me once I got the settings right (as above)

I had the same problems as you.

Original Poster

csiman;6494885

where did you download the video from? I can try it if you PM me the file … where did you download the video from? I can try it if you PM me the file linkxvid4psp has never failed me once I got the settings right (as above)I had the same problems as you.

The videos are being ripped off dvd

Banned

buzzman;6494924

The videos are being ripped off dvd

yuo sure yuo have the same rip settings for the ones that work vs the ones that don't?

maybe you have a filesize limit so long films etc are getting too condensed
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage66
    2. Best watches under £500?55
    3. What shoes are these?33
    4. Samsung UE50MU6120KXXU or LG 55UJ630V34

See more discussions