Corsa Help!! Aerial Problems!!!**

Banned
Hey, my aerial has broken away from the base of my roof, and im wondering where to get the base from? anyone got any ideas? also how do i remove the old 1 which is still left on top of the car?

Thanks, Sean

17 Comments

dont know how to remove it but get one from a scrap yard

yeah i was going to say scrapyard - best bet - ask the kind freindly man at scrapyard how to get them off,
or try adtrader or autotrader for people who are breaking cars
gud luck

Banned

try your local allparts, they can oftern be very helpfull

or a local accident repair centre will be able to help you xx

You get access to bolt from underneath - under roof trimming or remove roof light if nearby. Wait till you have the bits or it will leak.

Original Poster Banned

So do i have to remove it by going from inside the car? there isn'et a light near by where the aerial is. i will try a scrap yard!!

Yes you will need to pull down the roof trim - use a big screwdriver or strong fingers to get under an edge and pop out the plastic clips, then unbolt the aerial with an open ended spanner, remove and refit with new /replacement parts, pop the roof trim back and Bob's your uncle.

Original Poster Banned

Is it easy enough to do then? i usaully do most of my car work myself but never come across this before.

seanbwfc;4395944

Is it easy enough to do then? i usaully do most of my car work myself but … Is it easy enough to do then? i usaully do most of my car work myself but never come across this before.

Yep simple operation but if in doubt a homer mechanic will do it for you for a few quid cash. At the breakers yard, ask to watch the guy take it down and you'll see how to do it! - if they let you in - health and safety etc

Original Poster Banned

Ok cheers m8

Original Poster Banned

Oh, i forgot to ask, how much do these usually cost at the scrapyard?

Phone 'em an' ask

Original Poster Banned

Hey, i bought a new aerial base and got it all working, whilst this thread is open i might aswell ask, i cant get lw/mw? any ideas

Original Poster Banned

bump.....

Nope - did you get them before? If you get FM it's not the aerial - perhaps the radio faulty?

Original Poster Banned

i didn't get them before either. its a pioneer face off stereo.

Original Poster Banned

bump....

Sorry, no idea what could be wrong - sounds like a faulty radio.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1843
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!1920
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183519
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764047

See more discussions