Groups

Cost for house extension??

Has anyone got a rule of thumb estimate for house extensions? I'm trying to get an idea for a 2 storey extension (no size yet).

Is £1000 per square meter about right?? I'll probably get the upstairs fully finished (plastered, electrics etc) but downstairs just a basic shell.

Thanks

7 Comments

Hiya,

The money is in the footings but you can guestimate it as £20,000 for single storey, £30,000 for a double storey.
    We are currently saving up for it

And then add on a few grand when the builder discovers unforseen things. Our extension on solid chalk turned out to be a 12 foot square pile of loose flints, an old drainage soakaway. Good luck, our extension nearly finished me off it was such a hassle and the mess ...

we had one done 3 years ago, garage with a room above it, just a tad shy of £27000 that included electrics etc etc

It is about £1200 psm. :thumbsup:

]Here and ]here. save yourself a fortune.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the info, Think I'll have a read through the book!

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8099634

]Here and ]here. save yourself a fortune.

Hmmm. Not sure I'd recommend a DIY extension, but Paddy's tool looked pretty impressive and easy to use. At £30 it definitely looks good value. (Surprised its not been posted in the deals section!)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109

See more discussions