Cost of Apple watch cellular plans on O2, Vodafone and EE?

Posted 15th Oct 2020
I am currently with Three mobile and have an Apple Watch with cellular capability. Looking to leave to either O2, Vodafone or EE so that I can use my Apple Watch independently of my phone. My understanding is that these are the only 3 networks that offer an Apple watch cellular plan.

Please can someone tell me to understand what the charges are for adding a data plan on these 3 networks, and the data allowances they offer? Finding it difficult to find this information on the company websites.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    I’m paying £7 to ee for 10 or 100gb of data but hardly use any
  2. Avatar
    O2 is £5 per month with the first 6 months free [I’m not 100% certain so correct me if I’m wrong]
  3. Avatar
    Sorry I’ve just come across this. Interestingly back in January 2021, I went with EE expecting to pay £7 a month. When I went to sign up via the app there were a number of options in a confusing listthat varied from £1 to £7. I clicked on the £1 and that’s been the price ever since. Not sure how/why but a result nonetheless.
  4. Avatar
    I’m with Vodafone, pay an additional £7 per month for my Apple Watch connected and the data is shared from my mobile phone plan.
    Hello, I’m on EE. iPhone contract running out December. I want and Apple Watch but expensive through ee. So looking at getting sim only 40gb basic sim for £10. Then adding the Apple Watch ultra to that. Can you use promotional codes like work 25% off codes on Apple Watches? Need to know this as this would seem the cheapest way to get this together if so! Please help thanks ! (edited)
  5. Avatar
    £8 on EE for some sort of ridiculous data allowance, it’s either 10GB, 100GB or Unlimited but I’ve never used more than 1GB and I use the watch independently whilst running quite a lot - making calls, streaming music etc.
  6. Avatar
    Is it possible to use my EE minutes just for calls on the watch as dont meed data without incurring charges
  7. Avatar
    No you can’t You do need data though as it renders the Watch useless, iMessage, any apps and any notifications all use data.
  8. Avatar
    iang00715/10/2020 09:43

No you can’t You do need data though as it renders the Watch useless, i …No you can’t You do need data though as it renders the Watch useless, iMessage, any apps and any notifications all use data.

Obviously meant when away from phone or not connected to wifi
  9. Avatar
    Author
    colliwag28/01/2022 16:39

Sorry I’ve just come across this. Interestingly back in January 2021, I w …Sorry I’ve just come across this. Interestingly back in January 2021, I went with EE expecting to pay £7 a month. When I went to sign up via the app there were a number of options in a confusing listthat varied from £1 to £7. I clicked on the £1 and that’s been the price ever since. Not sure how/why but a result nonetheless.

That’s good to know - I’m on the lookout for a new contract with Apple Watch cellular option, so might take a look at ee
  10. Avatar
    I’d think carefully about the cellular version to be honest, it’s way more expensive to buy in the first place, and only of use if you don’t have your phone with you, otherwise it’s identical.

I got the cellular and can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve used it without my phone nearby, I’m gonna cancel my ee contract on it as it’s just not worth the money to me - of course depends on your use case
    Well I’m thinking of getting the Apple Watch ultra. Only comes cellular and sure you have to get a cellular contract do you if you want to use it or do you not? I don’t want to buy it outright you see! Too expensive! What you thinks the best way to go about this? EE you can’t use the 20% work code on them! Vodaohone have a similar work scheme but 25% off but I’m not sure if you can use it towards Apple Watches!? And if Vodafone are even good to go with! Need help!
  11. Avatar
    Author
    Super helpful. Looks like O2 is a bit cheaper than Vodafone and EE. I’m going to try and steer my next deal towards O2
  12. Avatar
    Hello alll, I’m I’m on EE iPhone contract running out December. I want and Apple Watch but expensive through ee. So looking at getting sim only 40gb basic sim for £10. Then adding the Apple Watch ultra to that. Can you use promotional codes like work 25% off codes on Apple Watches? Need to know this as this would seem the cheapest way to get this together if so! Please help thanks !