Cost of hiring a child's booster seat with a car rental in Italy

7 replies
Found 31st Jan 2011
Hi

I am about to pre-book a rental car for next month but I cannot find out how much we are likely to be charged for a booster seat for a 6 year old. They all just say this is payable locally on arrival if available! Does anyone have a rough idea of how much it's likely to cost per day please?

Any help would be much appreciated.

7 Comments

Not cheap, but its light and may be the price of hiring one, at least you can keep this one.

amazon.co.uk/Bub…8-9

don't know - but have you seen this - hotukdeals.com/dea…569

cheaper than renting

Original Poster

Thanks very much for the link - the inflatable booster is definitely worth considering - though it's gone up a bit in price now (typical!!!)

Edited by: "lovesbargains" 31st Jan 2011

We hired last year through Avis and they were a total rip-off, best to do as suggested - take one and throw it away - its cheaper

At age 6 I would guess you don't need the full booster seat with the back on? Personally (and I have done this myself) I would take a booster seat - this style where the belt goes underneath proper guides - in a carrier bag as hand luggage on the plane and just use that while there.

Edit - just looked at the one posted above, from Morrisons, and that is ideal. At that price you just leave it behind at the end of the trip if you have more luggage coming back!!!

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies - I finally found a price on the Europcar website and they wanted over £40 for a booster for 5 days!!!!

We are only taking hand luggage (to save extra costs as its Ryanair) otherwise I'd definitely have packed a cheap booster in the suitcase so I am gonna opt for the inflatable one from Amazon!

Thanks everyone for your advice.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604817
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247640
    3. Wow apple you really are bad1623
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522873

See more discussions