Cost of running electric fire

Found 3rd Jun 2012
Maths isn't a strong point for me, but can anyone confirm my calculation or offer better advice about running a 2kw electric fire (fan assisted) hourly? I have looked at some sites, but they show different running costs. I think it comes to just under 30p. I am with British Gas. The fire is in the link below if it helps. Thanks.
Community Updates
7 Comments
Original Poster
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 3rd Jun 2012
All you need to know is how much you pay BG per kwh x 2. If the fan uses say 60w and you pay approx 15 per kwh then it adds approx 1p per hour.
Yes as ElliePhant says, you need to look up your own tariff as they vary so much from region to region and on what actual tariff rate. Find the cost per KWH and times by 2.

Work it out here.
If you use an average amount of electricity per annum then my estimate is that it is likely to cost 30p to 35p an hour to run a 2 kw electric fan fire.
Ellie Phant

All you need to know is how much you pay BG per kwh x 2. If the fan uses … All you need to know is how much you pay BG per kwh x 2. If the fan uses say 60w and you pay approx 15 per kwh then it adds approx 1p per hour.

Yeah but like chesso says, it's a 2 KW fire. My rate is 7.9p per KWH (which I believe is about average) so in my case it would be 7.9 x 2 = approx 16p an hour.

deek72

Yeah but like chesso says, it's a 2 KW fire. My rate is 7.9p per KWH … Yeah but like chesso says, it's a 2 KW fire. My rate is 7.9p per KWH (which I believe is about average) so in my case it would be 7.9 x 2 = approx 16p an hour.

yeah thats how my utility company told me to work it out.
Obviously depends if your using your first rate or last rate, 20-30p first 7-10p last approx. If its got 2 heat settings usually means 1kw and 2kw.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions