Cost to change MicroUSB port in tablet

Posted 16th Jul
Anyone know what the going rate is to get a MicroUSB port fix in a Samsung S2 tablet..I know I could do it myself but don't really have time or tools to do it

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Call a few local places and ask?
one of those iSmash type places in shopping centres will do it relatively cheaply
will be around £20 mate
Edited by: "Doucan" 16th Jul
Once its done get yourself a Magnetic cable, brilliant to save the weedy MicroUSB port on older devices.
Uridium16/07/2020 16:18

Once its done get yourself a Magnetic cable, brilliant to save the weedy …Once its done get yourself a Magnetic cable, brilliant to save the weedy MicroUSB port on older devices.

Believe it or not was going to pick on one couple months ago...the it broke last week

Thanks guys
You should do it yourself - quiete easy
nrackham7616/07/2020 21:08

You should do it yourself - quiete easy

ok so I bought a decent adjustable heat soldering iron, a good light and magnifier, a desk, a chair, some solder, a wick, and then you tell me it's easy to solder something that is about 5x5mm with 4 pins the width of 4 human hairs easy? You'd crack world peace in a week.
llamamall16/07/2020 21:28

ok so I bought a decent adjustable heat soldering iron, a good light and …ok so I bought a decent adjustable heat soldering iron, a good light and magnifier, a desk, a chair, some solder, a wick, and then you tell me it's easy to solder something that is about 5x5mm with 4 pins the width of 4 human hairs easy? You'd crack world peace in a week.

World peace? Who wants that?

A handheld soldering iron is very cheap (£10) and the rest of the items you mention are standard - ofcourse not wanting to try is one thing but it’s an easy fix and will be much cheaper than getting it done by a store.
Sorry, I have been corrupted by too many years resoldering PS4 HDMI sockets which are still the most awkward and difficult soldering I have done!

It took me years to become good at soldering, and I am still learning
Thanks guys was offered 25 but guy having troubles fixing it
I got port fixed and guy showed me it working (charging) but when got home and try my cable it wouldn't charge tried 3 cables could it be wire not getting enough power..
He tried 3 different cables all charged device. So bit confused.
Post a comment
@
    Text