Groups

Cost to hire a wedding dress?

Does anyone know how much it costs to hire a wedding dress for the day? I know prices will vary from shop to shop but just a rough idea would be good?

Thanks! :-)

36 Comments

don't do it! check out debenhams sale, it'll be much nicer for you to have one to keep forever!

Original Poster

yimmie;2426316

don't do it! check out debenhams sale, it'll be much nicer for you to … don't do it! check out debenhams sale, it'll be much nicer for you to have one to keep forever!

Oh thanks - just going for a quick look now! :thumbsup:

Remember to type in SALE in the search box it's what i always do! Congrats by the way. ;P
    xx

also, would you think about trying charity shops? also, if you live near one a monsoon discount store! My favorite dress is from there! or even if there's a sale coming soon...

yimmie;2426316

don't do it! check out debenhams sale, it'll be much nicer for you to … don't do it! check out debenhams sale, it'll be much nicer for you to have one to keep forever!

i got married in feb, brought my dress in Debenhams only paid £110 for it, everyone said how lovely it was.:thumbsup:

I priced it up when i got married and 7 yrs ago it was about £400... for the wknd
    i bought one from debenhams for £600 took a card out and got 10% off !!!

Im gonna sell my wedding dress as its doing nothing. Should i stick it on ebay do you thnk?

Original Poster

twoangels;2426367

I priced it up when i got married and 7 yrs ago it was about £400... for … I priced it up when i got married and 7 yrs ago it was about £400... for the wkndi bought one from debenhams for £600 took a card out and got 10% off !!!

Wow - I didn't realise it was so expensive to hire!

Leese;2426375

Wow - I didn't realise it was so expensive to hire!

Yup they have you b the short and curlys... thats why i didnt bother :x

Good luck...we went to las vegas to do it (married!!!)

venetian hotel...lovely:-D

Original Poster

yimmie;2426400

it's a bracelet but i think this is nice... … it's a bracelet but i think this is nice... http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_65919_572978_-1 :)cute bridesmaids dress http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_19723_537225_-1

Ah that is really pretty

Original Poster

pinkkitty2007;2426372

Im gonna sell my wedding dress as its doing nothing. Should i stick it on … Im gonna sell my wedding dress as its doing nothing. Should i stick it on ebay do you thnk?

A lot of people look on ebay now so maybe you should - you could always put a reserve on it..

I'm not even engaged but have ideas what me and my bf want to do, he doesn't want anything big, so i'm working it out already :oops:
    probably would go to debenhams for my dress!

Original Poster

yimmie;2426360

also, would you think about trying charity shops? also, if you live … also, would you think about trying charity shops? also, if you live near one a monsoon discount store! My favorite dress is from there! or even if there's a sale coming soon...

Oh I like monsoon dresses - reall pretty - never thought of that - not sure if I live anywhere near a clearance store though?

Original Poster

yimmie;2426437

I'm not even engaged but have ideas what me and my bf want to do, he … I'm not even engaged but have ideas what me and my bf want to do, he doesn't want anything big, so i'm working it out already :oops:probably would go to debenhams for my dress!

I was just wondering if you were busy planning your wedding at the mo lol! Keep the ideas flowing though - you could save me a bomb! ha ha

Leese;2426424

A lot of people look on ebay now so maybe you should - you could always … A lot of people look on ebay now so maybe you should - you could always put a reserve on it..

yes they do! have you checked out mse there's a sub-section board on it about weddings and anniversaries... i occasionally suggest stuff on there

Original Poster

yimmie;2426453

yes they do! have you checked out mse there's a sub-section board on it … yes they do! have you checked out mse there's a sub-section board on it about weddings and anniversaries... i occasionally suggest stuff on there

I am off for a nosey.... lol!

Leese;2426449

I was just wondering if you were busy planning your wedding at the mo … I was just wondering if you were busy planning your wedding at the mo lol! Keep the ideas flowing though - you could save me a bomb! ha ha

I currently love... (someone mentioned it on here the other week) love hearts but wedding themed, they'd be great for kids!

I'm pretty sure we'd get married abroad (if we get married! haha!) it's not even 2 years yet... soon but not yet! :-D

Original Poster

yimmie;2426464

I currently love... (someone mentioned it on here the other week) love … I currently love... (someone mentioned it on here the other week) love hearts but wedding themed, they'd be great for kids! I'm pretty sure we'd get married abroad (if we get married! haha!) it's not even 2 years yet... soon but not yet! :-D

I have just spotted love hearts on a wedding cake and I really liked that idea - simple but cute!

My mum just said that tesco's do plain wedding cakes which if you're after something simple buy one from there and a tier thing from ebay!

also, make your own invitations! or design them to get printed, if you haven't already!

Original Poster

yimmie;2426492

My mum just said that tesco's do plain wedding cakes which if you're … My mum just said that tesco's do plain wedding cakes which if you're after something simple buy one from there and a tier thing from ebay!also, make your own invitations! or design them to get printed, if you haven't already!

Have you ever thought of being a wedding planner lol! :thumbsup:

Leese;2426502

Have you ever thought of being a wedding planner lol! :thumbsup:

I actually said to my boyfriend the other day that i would love to be a party organiser...
    :oops:
    I'm really good at finding bargain holidays and organising them!
    I love themed things, currently making hampers! for his sister it's a duck theme!

for your parents and his parents you could do hampers... some champagne, chocolates and jewellery or something else?!

british home stores have sale on as well:thumbsup::thumbsup:

debenhams.com/web…001 bogof and £90 off! crazy! plus it's a pretty fancy make!

Original Poster

thanks so much for all the ideas - will have a field day tomorrow searching all the sites

Original Poster

yimmie;2426542

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=37528_4441778491&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001 bogof and £90 off! crazy! plus it's a pretty fancy make!

absolute bargain!

Leese;2426565

absolute bargain!

uhuh it's crazy! also, vvisit party shops as they sell nice bits like champagne bottle bubbles! was in awe with them at a wedding i went to as a teen! :oops: and another thing like the centre piece type thing was... some sugared almonds in a nice material...

I got mine from a shop on ebay and i was suprised how good the quality was and it was cheeper than hiring can't remember the name of the shop though. i will give you a shout if i find it.

I looked into hiring a few years ago and it was generally about 50% of the price of buying the dress. Seemed to be a bit of a rip off, so I just bought a cheaper dress instead!

I second the Monsoon idea - the outlet at Castleford, Leeds always have gorgeous dresses really cheap.
    Good luck!

Found it ebay name jewlzbridal ebay shop Jewlz Bridal attire. The quality was amazing for the prices

google once worn wedding dresses - there are plenty of sites/outlets where people sell their wedding dresses - you can pick up the dress of your dreams or designer samples for a fraction of the retail cost. If you search wedding dress on HUKD you should find a thread all about it with links - sorry I don't know how to locate it for you. Good luck with everything. Try not to get so bogged down with the organising that you forget to enjoy it!

I wouldn't worry too much about the cost of the dress..... the divorce will cost so much more lol

Original Poster

fatabelly;2427393

I wouldn't worry too much about the cost of the dress..... the divorce … I wouldn't worry too much about the cost of the dress..... the divorce will cost so much more lol

are you single....? Just wondered.... haha

The wedding dress shops will have sales twice a year where they sell off all the shop samples for ridiculously low prices. If you go into dress shops and get an idea of the style of dress and your size you'll be able to pick one up brand new on ebay for peanuts. Go to wedding forums such as [url]www.confetti.co.uk[/url] for cost cutting tips, and good luck!

Leese;2428188

are you single....? Just wondered.... haha

Yeah Divorced, hahaha....been there done that

hey, i spoke to my mum as you know! and she found an old copy of the magazine chat which has a piece on cost cutting for weddings... like buying champagne and alcohol in france, getting a friend to design your wedding invitations, buying cakes from asda or m&s etc, if you're not allowed to use confetti use dried rose petals, someone used romantic & cheesey cd's for their entertainment instead of havving a live band or dj!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764265
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846184
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31147
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio913

See more discussions