Expired

Cost to insure Nissan GTR with 17 year old main driver?

Posted 17th May 2013
does anyone have any rough idea how much it would cost to insure a gtr with a 17 year old lad as the main driver.

It would be a 2009 model
Community Updates
AskInsuranceNissan
66 Comments
Found a pic of the OP on Facbeook:

18031693-HW9jN

itsn0b0dy

the veyron is the only real contender when it comes to acceleration, it … the veyron is the only real contender when it comes to acceleration, it gets to 60 in 2.8seconds

Why do you need that?

It's nice to dream, but get a grip and learn to respect the road before you kill yourself seeing if it actually does it that quickly
Listen kid, you're 17, you think you know it all just like I did when I was 17. Accidents happen to other people, right? You can handle yourself, you can handle your car? All them idiots on the road driving at a snails pace, what do they know? When you're in your GT-R you are going to be invincible, aren't you? Everyone is going to sit up and take notice of you, because you aren't a little kid anymore, you're the big man now, driving around in a super car.

Well, if your dad isn't going to tell you like it is, then I will because you are around the same age as my son. I want my son to live a long and happy life and I don't want him to cause his own death or the death of others by thinking he is invincible. Sadly, many young drivers get behind a wheel of a fast car and all sense of responsibility to themselves and to others goes out of the window because once they are behind that wheel, the accelerator is calling their name.

At 17, you want to get from A to B, see your mates, go out, have fun. Stay safe, kid. It's not all about flashy motors. Get a few years of maturity under your belt, then think about getting a 'sickkkk' motor.

18031896-KamvW

Edited by: "Mark2111" 17th May 2013
Get a GTR, you will not regret it.
itsn0b0dy

the veyron is the only real contender when it comes to acceleration, it … the veyron is the only real contender when it comes to acceleration, it gets to 60 in 2.8seconds

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Fastest-Cars-0-60-mph.html

At your age you'll be more interested in reading the Top 10 Slowest Cars, further down the page.
Edited by: "gizmouk" 17th May 2013
I drove a BMW M5, one before new model, around without insurance when I was 19...........or did I......
MBeeching

Luckiest 17 year old ever?

If OP could afford a GTR for his kid, I'm sure he wouldn't be looking for deals on a site but would just pay RRP for everything.
just get an FTO and pretend its a GTR
Im 18, have a Ford Ka, £940 a year for the insurance.
And I get all the laydees

Dinner Laydees.

But yer, I love it, doesnt have cup holders or central locking, but it gets me around.
itsn0b0dy

worst looking gtr ever
borolad94

Im 18, have a Ford Ka, £940 a year for the insurance.And I get all the … Im 18, have a Ford Ka, £940 a year for the insurance.And I get all the laydeesDinner Laydees.But yer, I love it, doesnt have cup holders or central locking, but it gets me around.

No cup holders? POS then
CouldntThinkOfAUsername

If OP could afford a GTR for his kid, I'm sure he wouldn't be looking for … If OP could afford a GTR for his kid, I'm sure he wouldn't be looking for deals on a site but would just pay RRP for everything.

I'm the kid...
itsn0b0dy

I'm the kid...

What does your mum have to say about this? Is she worried that you will kill yourself if you are driving a super car? Your dad seems more interested in a flashy motor than your welfare, but what about your mum?
Could I be your mate. Dont wanna sit in your ace car just need a pool for swimming.
Mark2111

What does your mum have to say about this? Is she worried that you will … What does your mum have to say about this? Is she worried that you will kill yourself if you are driving a super car? Your dad seems more interested in a flashy motor than your welfare, but what about your mum?

If it was my kid i'd buy it for them.... Jus' sayin'........
Don't feed the troll.
No no no no.........no! You're doing it all wrong, listen I'm probably the best car driver you have ever spoken too let's get that out of the way.

Start with something sensible. Quick example is a Clio 197, I've drove a lot of cars and I can tell you that you'll have just as much fun in a small hot hatch. Then buy yourself a track car with a roll cage and do some racing, or track days! Use your clio even doesn't have to be a Clio but you know what I mean.

The Gtr is a great car but it's just a bad idea at 17, have a couple of fun cars first. I just rememberd how much of a wreck less d@@khead I was at 17, in fact 15 years laters I'm still having to wise up, and I've been driving since I could sit on my dads knee (car/racing family) and its not even that, you can be an excellent driver and some other clown could wipe you out.

There's no rush fella, let's suppose you're serious and not trolling, start sensible.
Shengis

No cup holders? POS then

Horrible for my many trips to MaccyD's, they dont fit anywhere D:
Mark2111

Listen kid, you're 17, you think you know it all just like I did when I … Listen kid, you're 17, you think you know it all just like I did when I was 17. Accidents happen to other people, right? You can handle yourself, you can handle your car? All them idiots on the road driving at a snails pace, what do they know? When you're in your GT-R you are going to be invincible, aren't you? Everyone is going to sit up and take notice of you, because you aren't a little kid anymore, you're the big man now, driving around in a super car.Well, if your dad isn't going to tell you like it is, then I will because you are around the same age as my son. I want my son to live a long and happy life and I don't want him to cause his own death or the death of others by thinking he is invincible. Sadly, many young drivers get behind a wheel of a fast car and all sense of responsibility to themselves and to others goes out of the window because once they are behind that wheel, the accelerator is calling their name.At 17, you want to get from A to B, see your mates, go out, have fun. Stay safe, kid. It's not all about flashy motors. Get a few years of maturity under your belt, then think about getting a 'sickkkk' motor.

Best post I've read on here for some time. Well said.
not the best choice of picture though..isn't exactly a bad crash..the windows are still intact and I see no blood
dataload

not the best choice of picture though..isn't exactly a bad crash..the … not the best choice of picture though..isn't exactly a bad crash..the windows are still intact and I see no blood

I airbrushed the flattened hedgehog out in case it upset anyone! (_;)
itsn0b0dy

anyone suggest an alternative or ideal first car then?

hyundai i30
itsn0b0dy

I'll send you a photo of my bike when I get itAnd FYI HUKD has 789113 … I'll send you a photo of my bike when I get itAnd FYI HUKD has 789113 members not 100k

Would it not be more appropriate in this situation to show the photo of your GTR?
Edited by: "hasnainthehotdeal" 21st May 2013
hasnainthehotdeal

Would it not be more appropriate in this situation to show the photo of … Would it not be more appropriate in this situation to show the photo of your GTR?

HUKD has convinced me not to get it and the insurance quote I got came back as 56k
itsn0b0dy

HUKD has convinced me not to get it and the insurance quote I got came … HUKD has convinced me not to get it and the insurance quote I got came back as 56k

HUKD just saved your life.
get this.

18062299-xA3zm

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants