Costco 'Barracuda Rock' mountain bike

Posted 29th Apr
Saw this at my local Costco for £239.
I tried to google it but nothing is coming up - is it an own brand/rebranded bike that Costco are selling?

I'm interested in getting a budget bike, but don't want something too cheap/shoddy.
Halfords don't have the size of the Carrera's and Decathlon don't have stock of the Rockriders.

3451951-yZXVG.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Costco approach brands and negotiate exclusive model ranges. These tend to be better value based on previous years tech.
Not much use bike wise but check Rick Sheils review of Callaway Edge golf clubs on YouTube.
If you can identify the chain set and forks on the Rockhopper, you can probably date the tech year of the bike.
If you cant see the specs online dont buy it.
Look at halfords, decathlon or go outdoors

How do you mean halfords does not have he correct size?

Not sure why anyone would buy a bike from costco, sounds like a recipe for disaster
lumsdot29/04/2020 07:25

If you cant see the specs online dont buy it.Look at halfords, decathlon …If you cant see the specs online dont buy it.Look at halfords, decathlon or go outdoorsHow do you mean halfords does not have he correct size?Not sure why anyone would buy a bike from costco, sounds like a recipe for disaster

Considering they have pretty much an unlimited time refund policy, I can't see how you could go too wrong
If its from Costco its gonna be cheap ... Might be quite handy bt dont expect it to last . That would be my thought, very basic , usable, but will start to fall apart after two/three years. I doubt Bradley uses a CostCo bike
lumsdot29/04/2020 07:25

If you cant see the specs online dont buy it.Look at halfords, decathlon …If you cant see the specs online dont buy it.Look at halfords, decathlon or go outdoorsHow do you mean halfords does not have he correct size?Not sure why anyone would buy a bike from costco, sounds like a recipe for disaster

I meant Halfords have the Carrera bikes that I am considering, but no stock in my size.
There are advantages to buying from Costco (not just bikes, but everything)
GwanGy29/04/2020 08:58

If its from Costco its gonna be cheap ... Might be quite handy bt dont …If its from Costco its gonna be cheap ... Might be quite handy bt dont expect it to last . That would be my thought, very basic , usable, but will start to fall apart after two/three years. I doubt Bradley uses a CostCo bike

I'm no Bradley either

I'm looking for something budget-ish so I can spend time with my son. If it lasts long enough for him to grow into it, then I don't need to keep buying kids bikes...
GwanGy29/04/2020 08:58

If its from Costco its gonna be cheap ... Might be quite handy bt dont …If its from Costco its gonna be cheap ... Might be quite handy bt dont expect it to last . That would be my thought, very basic , usable, but will start to fall apart after two/three years. I doubt Bradley uses a CostCo bike

My experience with Costco items is that they are about the same price/marginally cheaper as other stores but you get a better quality item for that same amount of money.

Occasionally they have some fantastic offers that can't be beaten, I'm guess due to them being able to negotiate prices with companies due to being able to buy in such huge quantities.
Edited by: "jambone" 29th Apr
Hi which Costco did you see this barracuda mountain at?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions