Costco groceries delivery - £5.99 per order

Posted 25th Aug
Costco has started home delivery of groceries. You can get all the hot buys of the month and other items delivered for £5.99 per order.
Before, costco would deliver the items but they were slightly higher price and had a minimum number of items to buy. Most items would include the delivery price, making it expensive. They weren't delivering smaller grocery items, but with this new deal, you cab order everything that you get in store, got the same price, but just pay the extra. delivery charge.
Quite handy if you don't want to go to store, stand in queues, deal with wearing masks, social distancing....
Community Updates
12 Comments
Not wishing to be a killjoy, but surely everyone who's entitled to this will have received the same email you're quoting OP?
Footsore25/08/2020 14:22

Not wishing to be a killjoy, but surely everyone who's entitled to this …Not wishing to be a killjoy, but surely everyone who's entitled to this will have received the same email you're quoting OP?

Its still handy for the people that might not have seen the email.
I’ll check again but when they 1st announced doing deliveries for a charge the products online were still more expensive than instore.
Just checked. Maple syrup is 9.99+delivery and instore it’s less for sure, I can’t remember the exact price but is something like 7 or 8 pound.
Freddy_uk25/08/2020 14:59

Just checked. Maple syrup is 9.99+delivery and instore it’s less for sure, …Just checked. Maple syrup is 9.99+delivery and instore it’s less for sure, I can’t remember the exact price but is something like 7 or 8 pound.

Its possible they are still charging higher prices to cover the cost of the staff picking the goods and the cost of packing them. Costco make most of their money on the membership fee, if you aren't driving and picking up the stuff yourself it will cost them something to put the items in a box for you.
jon81uk25/08/2020 15:04

Its possible they are still charging higher prices to cover the cost of …Its possible they are still charging higher prices to cover the cost of the staff picking the goods and the cost of packing them. Costco make most of their money on the membership fee, if you aren't driving and picking up the stuff yourself it will cost them something to put the items in a box for you.

No other supermarket charges for picking the stock.
jon81uk25/08/2020 15:04

Its possible they are still charging higher prices to cover the cost of …Its possible they are still charging higher prices to cover the cost of the staff picking the goods and the cost of packing them. Costco make most of their money on the membership fee, if you aren't driving and picking up the stuff yourself it will cost them something to put the items in a box for you.

Than why the £4 delivery fee?
Is it only if you live close by?
Abidaboviveru25/08/2020 15:09

Is it only if you live close by?

I’m about an hr away from Costco and I can order.
Freddy_uk25/08/2020 15:06

No other supermarket charges for picking the stock.

No other supermarket charges a membership fee just to enter the store. Costco make their profits in different ways compared to other shops.
Footsore25/08/2020 14:22

Not wishing to be a killjoy, but surely everyone who's entitled to this …Not wishing to be a killjoy, but surely everyone who's entitled to this will have received the same email you're quoting OP?

Alexandralocks25/08/2020 14:37

Its still handy for the people that might not have seen the email.

This post is handy for notifying people, especially those that might not have a Costco card themselves but might have a family member that has an account.
Costco online items are almost always more then in the warehouse
Post a comment
@
    Text