Groups

Costs of 2400 W heater

Hi

I have a little electrical heater for my room. I know those things are pretty expensive to run.
    Does anyone know how much it is to have it one hour on with 1200W or 2400W. I have actually no idea how much electricity costs....

Thanks

6 Comments

Banned

Bit hard to work out, the first 900 units or so in a quarter are 20-25p per Kwh units after that are usually 13-17p per Kwh

for 20p per Kwh

1200 = 24p for the hour
    2400 = 48p for the hour

You should check to see what you're paying per Kwh though.

If you are paying say 12p a unit the 1200W one will cost about 15p per hour, the 2400W 30p.

Or what lumour says^^^^

Original Poster

Thanks for your quick answer, that is cheaper than i expect. I thought it was around 50p per hour for 1200 W.

Cheers

If it has a thermostat, then this will keep switching the heater off, so costs won't be as much as stated above.

Doesn't sound alot to start with but if you have it on for a couple of hours a day for a month that is roughly £25, Our whole electric bill for a 3 bedroom house is only about £45 a month! All the little bits add up!

Banned

doberman;7904235

If it has a thermostat, then this will keep switching the heater off, so … If it has a thermostat, then this will keep switching the heater off, so costs won't be as much as stated above.

This is true but not for a kettle which just keeps going and going, damn woman liking tea costing me a fortune!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …147347
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764524
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1742
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523414

See more discussions