Cotswold in October

Posted 13th Aug
Hi All,
Planning on visiting the Cotswold for a week in October for my honeymoon. Unfortunately couldn't go Santorini as initially planned (my prev post).

Wondered if anyone can give pointers where to stay which would be easily reachable for day trips etc. What to do around there etc. I have a good enough budget.

Any hints and tips etc.

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Cotswolds in October, mmmm. For a couple of days maybe.
Where is Cotswold?
^this it is a pretty big area
not sure exactly what you mean by 'day trips' either ?

Not said what your preference is either twee villages or larger twee towns(none of them strictly speaking in the ANOB anyway) ?

Enjoy your trip anyways the Cotswolds are stunning I should know
Thanks for responding. Admittedly I've not researched much yet. Not sure where to start as it seems a vast area.
Broadway
Bourton On The Water
Stow On The Wold

Probably the best places to stay as a central base. In my opinion North Cotswolds is the place to be.
Beautiful autumn colours that time of year so the 'Golden valley' would be up on my list
Bourton On The Water is my favourite village but you might need to give us a clue as to what you are looking for though . Batsford Arboretum is pretty but steep walks , if you fancy something a little different head out to the rock houses ( national trust ) at Kinver , outside the Cotswolds but worthwhile , again steep country walks above them . Gloucester cathedral for the architecture, Briery Hill Llamas for llama treking . Cotswold sculpture Park for a huge collection of outside sculptures . So many pretty villages Like Bibury too . In terms of accommodation are you looking at cottages or hotels
Swindon is near by, I would suggest the Rat trap on Highworth road for a nice meal.
666FU13/08/2020 23:14

Swindon is near by, I would suggest the Rat trap on Highworth road for a …Swindon is near by, I would suggest the Rat trap on Highworth road for a nice meal.

Swindon, gateway to the Cotswolds - beats Santorini
Edited by: "joyf4536" 13th Aug
Cirene and sister? or Cinisister!!!!
Edited by: "Rugrats" 13th Aug
Run, stay downwind and change your name.
Post a comment
@
    Text