Cottage Break In UK

Posted 26th Dec 2019
Hi all,

Can anyone suggest any cottage breaks for summer 2020 for approximately 7 nights. Live in West Midlands. Will drive to the destination.

Usually always go abroad for summer holidays but for reasons out of my control (illness) I can’t travel next year. Kids are 2 & 9 at time of travelling.

Love places like Tenby, Wales with blue flag beaches. Gorgeous places which you’d think just don’t exist in the UK but I love these places.

Also done Peak District a couple of times too.

I don’t really have a budget as such but I know summer time is pricier than all year round and gets booked up really quickly.

All suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you all x
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Tobermory, it was the setting for the kids tv programme Balamory. It's on the isle of Mull. Ferry trips involved. Great fun. Lots to see and do. Snow white sandy beaches. Ferry trip to Iona you can see the sea bed it's so clear. Ulva is a fantastic day out for kids to see wildlife. There are plenty of deer - do not get close to the stags. Look overhead for Golden eagles and sea eagles. Sunrise and sunset are awesome. Try to get a trip to Fingals cave. Buy the bulk of your provisions in Tesco Oban - they're much more expensive on Mull. There's caves, waterfalls, history, awesome scenery - you name it they've got it. One of the most amazing places in the British Isles. Your lungs won't know what's hit them when you breathe that pure fresh air. Have a great time.
9 Comments
Tobermory, it was the setting for the kids tv programme Balamory. It's on the isle of Mull. Ferry trips involved. Great fun. Lots to see and do. Snow white sandy beaches. Ferry trip to Iona you can see the sea bed it's so clear. Ulva is a fantastic day out for kids to see wildlife. There are plenty of deer - do not get close to the stags. Look overhead for Golden eagles and sea eagles. Sunrise and sunset are awesome. Try to get a trip to Fingals cave. Buy the bulk of your provisions in Tesco Oban - they're much more expensive on Mull. There's caves, waterfalls, history, awesome scenery - you name it they've got it. One of the most amazing places in the British Isles. Your lungs won't know what's hit them when you breathe that pure fresh air. Have a great time.
I’ve saved your message. Will definitely go! Your description makes it sound amazing. The fresh air!

Thank you so much for the in-depth description x
The end.
tryn2help26/12/2019 22:12

Tobermory, it was the setting for the kids tv programme Balamory. It's on …Tobermory, it was the setting for the kids tv programme Balamory. It's on the isle of Mull. Ferry trips involved. Great fun. Lots to see and do. Snow white sandy beaches. Ferry trip to Iona you can see the sea bed it's so clear. Ulva is a fantastic day out for kids to see wildlife. There are plenty of deer - do not get close to the stags. Look overhead for Golden eagles and sea eagles. Sunrise and sunset are awesome. Try to get a trip to Fingals cave. Buy the bulk of your provisions in Tesco Oban - they're much more expensive on Mull. There's caves, waterfalls, history, awesome scenery - you name it they've got it. One of the most amazing places in the British Isles. Your lungs won't know what's hit them when you breathe that pure fresh air. Have a great time.

Will be referring back to this when I'm looking for places to visit in the future.
notalwaysright1927/12/2019 00:50

Will be referring back to this when I'm looking for places to visit in the …Will be referring back to this when I'm looking for places to visit in the future.

That place will be full of hukd folk come Summer 2020. It’ll be that beach in Thailand all over again ..
Anywhere along the Northumberland coast , almost empty beaches even in the height of summer
Hopesmummy27/12/2019 14:30

Anywhere along the Northumberland coast , almost empty beaches even in the …Anywhere along the Northumberland coast , almost empty beaches even in the height of summer

Seconded.

We spent 5 days in Northumberland last year, a really beautiful part of the country with probably the best beaches in Britain.
Edited by: "spoo" 27th Dec 2019
Thank you all x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions