Groups

cough cures anyone?

ive tried lozenges, medicine, hot lemons and hot milk and honey and i still cant stop coughing. i need to be better by tomorrow for my driving lesson. what else can i try?

20 Comments

Banned

black tea with a spoon of honey in it i swear by it

If you chop your head off you won't have a cough.

lick a dogs ear, always works

fragaliciousbob;3792503

honey is a blessed cure.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

The JFK;3792515

If you chop your head off you won't have a cough.

i also wont be able to have a driving lesson so defeats the object a bit

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;3792503

ive had milk with honey, apart from it tasting nice it didnt do much good

donnaraine;3792552

i also wont be able to have a driving lesson so defeats the object a bit

No it doesn't.

Banned

donnaraine;3792571

ive had milk with honey, apart from it tasting nice it didnt do much good

then try honey on its own its an old remedy used by the egyptians as an antiseptic

Depends what type of cough...have you got an asthma inhaler you could have a couple of doses of? It helps with some type of cough.

Cluffy321;3792528

lick a dogs ear, always works

kwality!

Original Poster

franbo60;3792596

Depends what type of cough...have you got an asthma inhaler you could … Depends what type of cough...have you got an asthma inhaler you could have a couple of doses of? It helps with some type of cough.

i dont have asthma, its a tickly throaty cough, the most annoying type :x

not talking, that sets my cough off.

so do my children! lol

Hi if you have a superdrug near to you it should be opened late with leading up to christmas they sell a bronical bottle there own make it is fantastic might not taste the best its only £1.49 well it was about three months ago when I bought it and this is my third bottle can also use it on older kids swear by it

if its a dry cough get some pholcodine,
    if chesty cough - save your money, they are all rubbish! - inhale steam to loosen rubbish off chest

Original Poster

love my boots;3792721

Hi if you have a superdrug near to you it should be opened late with … Hi if you have a superdrug near to you it should be opened late with leading up to christmas they sell a bronical bottle there own make it is fantastic might not taste the best its only £1.49 well it was about three months ago when I bought it and this is my third bottle can also use it on older kids swear by it

im in town on friday so if im still bad then i will pick some up, thanks for that :thumbsup:

If you have a facial steamer, try using that, failing that, use a bowl of steamy water and a towel over your head and inhale the steam..
    works wonders.

You can't cure a cough by tomorrow . It normally takes weeks ...... for temporary cure try ~ HALLS EXTRA STRONG MENTHOL~ Only 29p from Boots. It worked for me and was at a funeral !! (no coughing at all) So i am sure its going to work for you on a 1-2 hours driving lesson/s.

I really don't know if this would work in the day, it works on both my kiddies at night time and it sounds REALLY bizarre, rub copious amounts of Vicks vapour rub on the soles of your feet and put some old socks on (it's quite greasy and it doesn't wash out completely).

Bit of info about it here
    snopes.com/med…asp

It seems the Canada link is not true but the actual remedy really does work ! My daughter had a cough for 3 days and was non stop coughing at night, we put the vicks on and she slept right through without coughing once, next day she was coughing during the day so we knew it was the Vicks that helped her. Its magic :thumbsup:

manuka honey

LaoTzu;3794243

I really don't know if this would work in the day, it works on both my … I really don't know if this would work in the day, it works on both my kiddies at night time and it sounds REALLY bizarre, rub copious amounts of Vicks vapour rub on the soles of your feet and put some old socks on (it's quite greasy and it doesn't wash out completely).Bit of info about it herehttp://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/vaporub.aspIt seems the Canada link is not true but the actual remedy really does work ! My daughter had a cough for 3 days and was non stop coughing at night, we put the vicks on and she slept right through without coughing once, next day she was coughing during the day so we knew it was the Vicks that helped her. Its magic :thumbsup:

Lol! And I've been rubbing it on my chest! D'oh!! :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX33
      2. What do you feel happy about/grateful for today?53407
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231366
      4. What would be HELL to you?3255

See more discussions