Expired

Could anyone recommend a really good CCTV SYSTEM under 300 pounds? I'm looking for a minimum of 2 cameras, wireless if possible.

Found 1st Nov 2013
Hi, I require a CCTV system ( minimum 2 cameras preferably wireless), of good specification ( night vision, colour, hd) for around the 300 pounds mark. THANKS!

10 Comments

hi... swann pro range at maplins.. you cannot get better for the money. . but for mega cash its Sony. .. hope this helps

Original Poster

ive tried searching for a complete sony system on google but cant seem to find one. all I can see are cameras claiming to be sony just because they have a sony chip inside them. any model numbers of a sony system with two wireless cameras? thanks

What do you want from the system?

Do you want to record?

If you want decent HD night vision cameras then you could easily blow your budget on one camera.

I've got an average system, I've got a wired system with 2 cameras (both 700TVL) a D1 recorder (4ch with 500GB HDD, LAN etc)

The system cost about £150 all in - I can view the cameras on my phone anywhere with an internet connection, it detects motion and records. I can watch back on any PC.

The cameras as I say are average - they are adequate and they do the job but they're not amazing.

Original Poster

nbuuifx

What do you want from the system?Do you want to record?If you want decent … What do you want from the system?Do you want to record?If you want decent HD night vision cameras then you could easily blow your budget on one camera.I've got an average system, I've got a wired system with 2 cameras (both 700TVL) a D1 recorder (4ch with 500GB HDD, LAN etc)The system cost about £150 all in - I can view the cameras on my phone anywhere with an internet connection, it detects motion and records. I can watch back on any PC.The cameras as I say are average - they are adequate and they do the job but they're not amazing.

thanks for your responses, where did you buy this system and cameras, and for what price? what is the model number of the recorder. thanks again

I purchased different components to make the system up.

The recorder is a Kongtop 4ch. It has worked flawlessly for the 6 months I've used it so far.

The cameras are the best two I could find at the time at the best prices I could find - both are the same spec but one is better than the other. I decided to try two different cameras to compare in case I want to buy two more.

I purchased wiring kits from ebay.

I used a 500GB sata drive which I purchased off here.

I used an old computer case to make a security cage for it to sit in which is then secured well into place, if someone was really determined they could get it (if they could find it) but for the casual thief it would be too much effort to take.

It is wired into the VGA port on my monitor (computer uses DVI) So I can just press the source button to instantly see it.

It came with a remote and it also came with a mouse to control it.

It does months worth of recording then when it gets full it overwrites the oldest stuff.

Overall I'm fairly happy with the setup for the cost, making out faces isn't the easiest but it gives me a good idea of anything that has gone on. Night time is fairly good quality considering how dark it is. Rain plays havoc with the motion sensor so it tends to record all night if it rains or snows.

Hope that helps. To give a brief summary what I'm saying is you can buy a satisfactory setup for £150-£200 but to move to the next level above that you will need to spend a lot more. £300 won't give you any better than you can get for £200.

Original Poster

nbuuifx

I purchased different components to make the system up.The recorder is a … I purchased different components to make the system up.The recorder is a Kongtop 4ch. It has worked flawlessly for the 6 months I've used it so far.The cameras are the best two I could find at the time at the best prices I could find - both are the same spec but one is better than the other. I decided to try two different cameras to compare in case I want to buy two more.I purchased wiring kits from ebay.I used a 500GB sata drive which I purchased off here.I used an old computer case to make a security cage for it to sit in which is then secured well into place, if someone was really determined they could get it (if they could find it) but for the casual thief it would be too much effort to take.It is wired into the VGA port on my monitor (computer uses DVI) So I can just press the source button to instantly see it.It came with a remote and it also came with a mouse to control it.It does months worth of recording then when it gets full it overwrites the oldest stuff.Overall I'm fairly happy with the setup for the cost, making out faces isn't the easiest but it gives me a good idea of anything that has gone on. Night time is fairly good quality considering how dark it is. Rain plays havoc with the motion sensor so it tends to record all night if it rains or snows.Hope that helps. To give a brief summary what I'm saying is you can buy a satisfactory setup for £150-£200 but to move to the next level above that you will need to spend a lot more. £300 won't give you any better than you can get for £200.

Thanks a lot for your response, much appreciated. I have found two systems I am interested in, was wondering if anyone could advise which one is best to get!

One is the Samsung SDS-P3040 All-in-One Security Kit 4 Channel DVR Security System Your text here
@ £346 at amazon, but £380 at maplin

The other is a Swann 4 Camera 1TB CCTV System for £360 at Maplin Your text here

MANY THANKS!

Edited by moderator: "removed affiliate link" 2nd Nov 2013

sony dont make cctv from what i know. They build the chips for them, the sony ccd chip is the better one for cctv compared to the cmos range. If u can spend the extra try and get the new megapixel cameras they alot clearer and better, u will be able to read number plates of car etc. If u do go for the standard cctv analogue range then a 700tvl system would be good. look on ebay u will find some good prices there, especially if u buy direct from china and can wait the 2 weeks delivery. One thin of caution is when u go wireless is that anyone with a wireless signal jammer will block the cctv dvr from getting signal from the camera. Also when choosing the dvr go for a full d1 if possible. this is the quality of the recording and a better picture quality when viewing. if u do look at the megapixel range just type in nvr (network video recorder) on ebay and u see the range. ty

Original Poster

kash2013

sony dont make cctv from what i know. They build the chips for them, the … sony dont make cctv from what i know. They build the chips for them, the sony ccd chip is the better one for cctv compared to the cmos range. If u can spend the extra try and get the new megapixel cameras they alot clearer and better, u will be able to read number plates of car etc. If u do go for the standard cctv analogue range then a 700tvl system would be good. look on ebay u will find some good prices there, especially if u buy direct from china and can wait the 2 weeks delivery. One thin of caution is when u go wireless is that anyone with a wireless signal jammer will block the cctv dvr from getting signal from the camera. Also when choosing the dvr go for a full d1 if possible. this is the quality of the recording and a better picture quality when viewing. if u do look at the megapixel range just type in nvr (network video recorder) on ebay and u see the range. ty

Hi, thanks for your input! Sony do indeed make cctv systems but they are very expensive! The cameras alone are well over a few hundred! Your text here....as for the sony dvr...don't even ask! lol

kash2013

If u can spend the extra try and get the new megapixel cameras they alot … If u can spend the extra try and get the new megapixel cameras they alot clearer and better, u will be able to read number plates of car etc.

Hi,
Can anybody recommend good ones?
Budget is flexible - but I haven't a clue where to start to find these!

Also, you mentioned to go for a full d1 - any recommendations?

Appreciated!

Edited by: "dipen2001" 21st Nov 2013

While not Sony or ccd this is a 700tvl system full d1, that in reality suits most domestic and some businesse needs...
And only £117. Is wired not wireless though. You can just get the dark by its self too.

Ir cut off is useful for night vision too

ebay.co.uk/itm…e76

http://img.toppic555.com/w4/x7/p12/uj1556_1.jpg

http://www.jewellyjennys.com/ebay/anfang/store/DVR_10.jpg

Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 21st Nov 2013
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants