Could I get my iPhone 3g replaced out of warranty?

My 16gb 3g is out of warranty. It has just got 2 pixels that are blue and stay blue all the time, there is also 2 little bits of what looks to be dirt under the screen. So very annoying. The charging dock at the back has the usual crack. Is there any chance they would replace for this? If not,how much would they charge?

7 Comments

I don't know how much they charge, but there is no way they will replace out of warranty unless you can prove that the damaged pixels were there before the warranty expired. As for the dirt, not a chance....

Original Poster

But how can the dirt have even got there? It's never been opened or anything.

Pauladin91

But how can the dirt have even got there? It's never been opened or … But how can the dirt have even got there? It's never been opened or anything.

Where did you get it from? Seems odd if it's never been opened that it's out of warranty...

enter your serial no on apple site to confirm whether still under warranty or not

Original Poster

How does that seem odd? It's 2 years old so obviously no warranty....the dust or dirt has appeared recently.

Pauladin91

How does that seem odd? It's 2 years old so obviously no warranty....the … How does that seem odd? It's 2 years old so obviously no warranty....the dust or dirt has appeared recently.

Ok, I asume you mean that the phone itself has never been opened, not the that phone was in packaging that has never been opened.

Either way, these things can happen with phones, a bit of dirt could get in anywhere (possibly in the crack you were talking about) and migrate to the screen. If you want it cleaned out, apple will not do it for free, you'll need to pay them. Or, go to a phone shop and ask them, it might be cheaper than going to apple direct...

I got my 3G iphone replaced because of the crack by the charging port. It wasn't under warranty by about 3 months. I argued politely with an Apple store manager in order to get it replaced though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 18312
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764041
    3. Sad news about Barcelona812
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213607

See more discussions