Could I raise this raise this cabinet abit...

Posted 11th Jun 2020
Amp won't fit where centre speaker is didn't think when I was buying it I just presumed it would, amp looks out of place there 3483483-iyxx4.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Will it fit without the feet on the amp?

Other than that I'd say, it will not be viable,you'll damage it taking it apart.
In theory you just need to replace the uprights on left & right along with the supports each side of the centre speaker with panels about 2" taller. If you're ok at DIY it should be easy, finding matching colour panels might not be.
Try Take the feet off. But be careful it doesn’t scratch the shelf
So the amp looks out of place but the bloody massive PC case doesn't?

I wouldn't bother taking the feet off btw as you will still need a few inches above the amp for ventilation otherwise it will overheat.
MadSkilzYo11/06/2020 18:19

Try Take the feet off. But be careful it doesn’t scratch the shelf

Don't do that. The AV needs room to breathe. Looks fine to me. You aren't going for the minimalist approach clearly, so leave that beast on show.

What confuses me the most in the image is the stereo speakers either side of the TV, and then the surround sound speakers. What are the stereo ones for?
Edited by: "rev6" 12th Jun
Maybe consider making a basic three sided wooden rectangle to sit the TV on, on top of the unit.

It would raise your viewing angle, you could paint it whatever colour you wanted, and youd be able to place the amp underneath the TV safely.
rev612/06/2020 03:02

Don't do that. The AV needs room to breathe. Looks fine to me. You aren't …Don't do that. The AV needs room to breathe. Looks fine to me. You aren't going for the minimalist approach clearly, so leave that beast on show.What confuses me the most in the image is the stereo speakers either side of the TV, and then the surround sound speakers. What are the stereo ones for?

just keeping em out of the way the monitors i got have speakers built in so just put em there for now
Post a comment
@
    Text