Groups

Could I use my friends old sky box? I already have tv/broadband/line rental from sky, was hoping to plug it in to another tv in another room?

I'm a total luddite, so no idea how or if this would work!

7 Comments

You'll need cables running to it. But it won't record or play anything other than the free channels unless you pay sky for multi room

if the cabling already there for a sky box then yes.

You could use it provided you had an aerial into it, but it wouldn't have your full sky package, freeview only. You would need sky multiroom for that, and if you pay the fee they'll come and give you a new box anyway.

You will need a viewing card which will cost £25, the service is basically called Freesat from Sky and you will need cabling run to the box from a satellite dish for it to work: sky.com/sho…1AA

Or you'd be better off getting them to run the cables to the box and taking out multiroom
    Edited by: "bobdylan" 16th Jun

JusticeForThe96

You could use it provided you had an aerial into it, but it wouldn't have … You could use it provided you had an aerial into it, but it wouldn't have your full sky package, freeview only. You would need sky multiroom for that, and if you pay the fee they'll come and give you a new box anyway.

​Aerial? Multiroom? What are you on about?

you can use it but will need to get extra card or change your card and set it up to it

I moved into a house 5 years ago with a satellite and cables already in and I just plugged an old sky box in and it was fine but as mentioned just the "free channels" including HD. No recording etc but no fee either!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      2. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      3. Any discount for paultons park?22
      4. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56

See more discussions