Could somebody please help, I'm having trouble with my new wii.

12 replies
Found 3rd Feb 2009
I had it for Christmas and its been fine but last night I turned it off and the stand by light stayed green. The wii wasn't on but the light didn't turn to red as it should of. I've tried turning it off at the mains and when I plugged it back in the light was red, I switched it on and the light went green as normal but when I switched the wii off the light changes to a slight green/orange colour. I've tried this a few times but still the same thing happens. I know it doesn't seam like a major problem but its quite annoying as I dont know if its on or off. Plus it was bought new from Amazon just before Christmas. Does anybody know if this is a common problem with the wii or do I need to contact Amazon?
Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Wii
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Wii
12 Comments

dunno if it helps but the orange colour means its on stand by, mine goes to this if i turn the wii off via the remote but i leave it on standby to charge the wiimotes anyways.

if i turn it off actually via the power button on the wii it goes red

this happened to my son last year told him to turn it off and i would take it back to the shop but next moning i turned it on and it was fine and still is i thought it might have got over heated but he still plays it just as much and as i say touch wood it has never happened again

If The Light Is Green : Wii is turned on

If The Light Is Yellow : Wii is off and Wii Connect 24 is on

If The Light Is Red : Wii is off and Wii Connect 24 is off

id contact nintendo send them an e mail they are usually quite quick to respond 24 hrs or so
it sounds like it is going in to an Eco mode
mine is similar it cant make up its mind red green or amber usually amber after it hasnt been used for a while

keep hold of poer button till it goes red , if that doesnt work id contact them

tasape;4269868

id contact nintendo send them an e mail they are usually quite quick to … id contact nintendo send them an e mail they are usually quite quick to respond 24 hrs or so it sounds like it is going in to an Eco mode mine is similar it cant make up its mind red green or amber usually amber after it hasnt been used for a while

If The Light Is Green : Wii is turned on

If The Light Is Yellow : Wii is off and Wii Connect 24 is on

If The Light Is Red : Wii is off and Wii Connect 24 is off

Original Poster

Daft Punk;4269833

If The Light Is Green : Wii is turned onIf The Light Is Yellow : Wii is … If The Light Is Green : Wii is turned onIf The Light Is Yellow : Wii is off and Wii Connect 24 is onIf The Light Is Red : Wii is off and Wii Connect 24 is off

Oops...... so its because its been set up to the internet then? :oops:
So I need to close the internet connection in order to turn the light back to red? I haven't tried holding down the power button yet as my brother has hijacked it to beat his tennis score!

If you have Wii Connect 24 enabled in your Wii settings, then a power off either through the Wii remote or pressing the button on the Wii itself will put it into standby mode (Amber) which when connected to a router via wi fi will enable messages from friends and notifications to come through, higher energy consumption and your Wii still runs warm.

If you have Wii Connect 24 disabled or actually press and hold down the button on your Wii console it will turn red when switched off (lower power consumption)

Original Poster

Ok thanks guys. I'll give you all some rep now. Next question, my wii remote keeps flickering on screen and its really annoying. My brother went into the settings and changed the sensitivity but it still happens now and again. What setting do you guys find works best?
Thanks

beverley1403;4270058

Ok thanks guys. I'll give you all some rep now. Next question, my wii … Ok thanks guys. I'll give you all some rep now. Next question, my wii remote keeps flickering on screen and its really annoying. My brother went into the settings and changed the sensitivity but it still happens now and again. What setting do you guys find works best?Thanks

Depends how far away you are from the screen, and whether you have the sensor bar above or below and the size of your tv...not one thats easily answered.

Although if the remote is excessively flickering on screen, then it could be the batteries getting low if your bro has altered the sensitivity preference. I suggest you try fresh batteries to start with.

Original Poster

cicobuff;4270099

Depends how far away you are from the screen, and whether you have the … Depends how far away you are from the screen, and whether you have the sensor bar above or below and the size of your tv...not one thats easily answered.Although if the remote is excessively flickering on screen, then it could be the batteries getting low if your bro has altered the sensitivity preference. I suggest you try fresh batteries to start with.

I'm prob about 2meters away from the 32" screen and the bar is below it as its mounted on the wall. I've got rechargeable batteries and they are about 50% full.
At the moment the sensitivity is set at its highest of 5.

I've just tried the settings agian, when they were set up before it was used while sitting on the bed for a shooting game but now I've just done it again as I'm alot closer to the screen while playing wii sports and it needs to be set at 1 or 2, so I'll just have to keep changing it depending on where I'm playing.
Thanks very much for your help, rep has been added.

cicobuff;4270099

Depends how far away you are from the screen, and whether you have the … Depends how far away you are from the screen, and whether you have the sensor bar above or below and the size of your tv...not one thats easily answered.Although if the remote is excessively flickering on screen, then it could be the batteries getting low if your bro has altered the sensitivity preference. I suggest you try fresh batteries to start with.

same here change batteries
make sure you have the sensor bar set (above tv or below)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.3050
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person511
    3. Invisalign dental braces in London34
    4. Is this expensive?1018

See more discussions