Groups

Could somebody please help with a problem with sky and the free channels?

Right, my brother is living in a rented house which has a sky dish, he got hold of a sky plus box but was unable to get all of the sky free channels. He couldn't even get Channel 4 or 5. I lent him my sky card and when he put it in he got all of the free channels, I took the card home and he was still left with the channels. The other day they all disappeared again so I bought him a sky card from here. He has just put it in but still no channels and its asking him to pay an extra £1 a month for the free channels.
    He's still getting E4 but he should be getting Channel 4,5, Dave, Sky news etc
    Anyone know how to sort this out? I dont see why he should pay for the free channels.
    Thanks

5 Comments

I think that you have to leave the card inserted in the Sky box for a couple of days so it pairs it up. Failing that phone Sky and they should sort it out.

He'll need to call Sky Customer Services and pair the card to the box.

Xb0xGuru;4308403

He'll need to call Sky Customer Services and pair the card to the box.

Which we can only do if he has the original account holders name, address and password. Should've bought him a Freesat card :oops:

Original Poster

Robotochan;4308637

Which we can only do if he has the original account holders name, address … Which we can only do if he has the original account holders name, address and password. Should've bought him a Freesat card :oops:

Whats the deal with freesat? Do you know the cost, what channels they get etc?
    Thanks

I know a little about Freesat from Sky, not sure what the deal will just Freesat is but the card is £19.57 if you already have the equipment and here is the lovely ]website for it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532118
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions