Groups
    EXPIRED

could somebody recomend some coco please

could anybody recomend any coco please to make a cake,or are they all the same thankyou

10 Comments

I use Cadburys Bourneville. Its very good. My choc cake is delicious (thanks to Takethatfan!).

here
    Edited by: "Angel_Of_The_North" 22nd Dec 2014

They arent all the same but they will all work pretty much equally as well. I use Bournville or Hershey's though havent seen Hershey's in a while

I use Cadburys drinking chocolate (water add one not the milk one) for the kids. And if it is more of an adult treat I use Green and Blacks organic cocoa.

Original Poster

thanks,iv been using borneville,its just that when i put it in the cake,i use 50g for a cake,the cake never looks dark,thanks

I use chocolat patisserie for baking as I've found this the best without being bitter but rich and gives me a dark colour. This can be found in Sainsburys.

Original Poster

THANKYOU very much

I promise you, Cadburys bournville is the best, use it this time then try another next time....you will never change again.

i always use Colombian it's the best

hospitaljuliep

thanks,iv been using borneville,its just that when i put it in the cake,i … thanks,iv been using borneville,its just that when i put it in the cake,i use 50g for a cake,the cake never looks dark,thanks

Do you add boiling hot water into it first? It seems to make it better. I will put a link on in a min of the cake I do. Its beautiful. Just made it again for Christmas. I times the recipie by 1 and 1/2 to make 3 layers, do nutella buttercream frosting, with Terrys choc ganache ontop and add Cadburys fingers all the way round. I was given the recipie off Takethatfan from here, her cakes are stunning. Theres a thread somewhere in misc where she posts often, as do many others, all giving tips on baking. It was a great help to me. My daughter and husband are eternally greatfull! (as they chomp away on the results!). Hope this helps x

Best choc cake
    Baking thread

Edited by: "Angel_Of_The_North" 23rd Dec 2014

Original Poster

all the cakes look stunning,& look delious x, ( sory about spelling i cant get the spell check to work on the acer c710,when i click the big square thing at the bottom on the right hand side nothing happens xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions