Groups

Could someone please advise on playstaion 3

My boyfriend has informed me today for his birthday he wants a ps3. His birthday isnt to octomber but it means I can save and hopefully get a good deal. Could any one please advise me ...
    How much I will be looking at to pay?
    What hardrive one should I get?
    Any Games I should get?
    And do I need any accesories to go with it?

I will rep those who help. Thanks in advance x

15 Comments

hotukdeals.com/ite…tor

Console

Extra pad, maybe a blu ray remote - games really depends on the genre he likes, shooty games or sports?

You don't really NEED a 80gb hdd though, I have a 40gb model and i've never filled my hdd so you could look for a cheaper model now and if he feels like upgrading the hdd he can pay for a new one himself (They are easily upgradeable)

As for games I can personally recommend inFamous, Red Faction: Guerilla, Little Big Planet, Devil May Cry 4. Have a look at metacritic.com/gam…s3/ and see which one's you think he will like.

You should get atleast 1 wirless controller with it (Dualshock controllers are better)

Does upgrading them cause the warranty not to be valid?

Think 40GB is enough,we got a 60GB and it's nowhere near full.

80gb is best bet

games u should wait till u get closer but OH said GTA 4 is a must and modern warfare but dont come out till november

OH just said they may b bringing out a slim n lite, but there is a planned price drop so wait a while

mbgringo;5590375

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/424465/sony-ps3-80gb-console-200-00-instorConsole

Def, 80GB PS3.

As for games Id say:
    Metal gear solid 4 (Get cheap now)
    Grand theft auto 4 (cheap as well)
    Street fighter 4 (now 17.99 other post)
    Kill zone 2.

Also if his birthday is oct he would prob DEF want Call of duty modern warfare 2 and if he likes footie fifa 2010 comes out sep 21 09.

Buy mine Taylor lol. I dont need it! xx

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5590446

Does upgrading them cause the warranty not to be valid?Think 40GB is … Does upgrading them cause the warranty not to be valid?Think 40GB is enough,we got a 60GB and it's nowhere near full.

Nope it doesn't, the hdd is easily accesible and you don't have to open up the console itself.

geekzone.co.nz/for…910

Original Poster

All different opinions lol How much is the price diffence of the ps3 with different hardrives?

Original Poster

RuthIess;5590506

Buy mine Taylor lol. I dont need it! xx

I didnt even know you had one lol x

rwm24;5590408

You don't really NEED a 80gb hdd though, I have a 40gb model and i've … You don't really NEED a 80gb hdd though, I have a 40gb model and i've never filled my hdd so you could look for a cheaper model now and if he feels like upgrading the hdd he can pay for a new one himself (They are easily upgradeable)As for games I can personally recommend inFamous, Red Faction: Guerilla, Little Big Planet, Devil May Cry 4. Have a look at http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/ and see which one's you think he will like.You should get atleast 1 wirless controller with it (Dualshock controllers are better)

How much is the 40gb going for nowadays?

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5590446

Does upgrading them cause the warranty not to be valid?Think 40GB is … Does upgrading them cause the warranty not to be valid?Think 40GB is enough,we got a 60GB and it's nowhere near full.

No, I think you are ok with the PS3 . . . . didn't Sony provide instructions on how to change the SATA drive?

rwm24;5590507

Nope it doesn't, the hdd is easily accesible and you don't have to open … Nope it doesn't, the hdd is easily accesible and you don't have to open up the console itself.http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?ForumId=64&TopicId=19910

Ok,just wondered.

Tinkytayls;5590526

I didnt even know you had one lol x

I have them all xx

Just get what i got, we seem to like the same things :thumbsup:

Original Poster

You a lucky boy then jamie. x

Tinkytayls;5590592

You a lucky boy then jamie. x

Haha i get bored easily. Never play them though. :thumbsup:

Im off now have fun Taylor xx

Tinkytayls;5590514

All different opinions lol How much is the price diffence of the ps3 with … All different opinions lol How much is the price diffence of the ps3 with different hardrives?

There's only one you are likely to find in the shops nowadays.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764394
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1519
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?711
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846242

See more discussions