Could someone please explain this eBay phrase to me...

11 replies
Found 17th Oct 2009
2 items I sold are eligible for Second Chance Offers.

What exactly does that entail?

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

Basically if someone doesn't pay you can just do a second chance offer to the guy below the winner.

the person that was outbid now gets a chance to buy them hth

It means if the winning bidder doesn't pay, you can offer the item to the second placed bidder.

as you are the seller?
because one buyer hasnt paid yet its eligble for you to offer to the next highest bidder at their highest bid

Original Poster

ohh ok thanks guys. I thought that, but was just checking. Cheers, repped :thumbsup:

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;6607452

if the winning bidder doesn't pay up, you can sell it again.Do I get rep … if the winning bidder doesn't pay up, you can sell it again.Do I get rep for my help?:)

Yes, all the above comments did :-D

Banned

also if you have happen to have two items the same you can offer 2nd item to the second highest bidder

Met-Cast;6607410

Basically if someone doesn't pay you can just do a second chance offer to … Basically if someone doesn't pay you can just do a second chance offer to the guy below the winner.

you don't have to wait for someone not to pay - you can offer the items for sale to other bidders in the list who have bd on your item if you have more than one of them for sale - hope that makes sense !:thumbsup:

As long as your dishing out the rep....:)

adrian96;6609356

As long as your dishing out the rep....:)

:w00t:

For the second chance offers you get charged the appropriate final end fees for the second winner's price. Great if you have more than one of the item or if the buyer doesn't pay.
Some people don't like being offered second chance offers though as sometimes it's sellers who have been shill bidding who offer these.

me too..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75857
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions