Expired

Could someone recommend me a wireless router?

Found 12th Nov 2008
What's a cheap and good router (looking for 802.11n but g is good too)?? I need a really cheap one, around 25 pounds. I saw the expansys voucher in the other thread and the cheapest wireless router on their site is the Buffalo Wireless-G High Speed Router (£32.99 pounds) after the voucher discount and packaging/shipping the total would be £27.64.

Is this a good deal? On the specifications it also says that the utility software requires windows xp/vista..... so would I still be able to use it with a mac after i set it all up with my vista laptop?

1. Ask
  2. Router
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Router
7 Comments

Original Poster

sorry, I have no idea >.>
Is there a way to check? I'm still new to all this stuff.
I'm currently living in a dorm room btw

LittleRedGuard;3447543

sorry, I have no idea .Is there a way to check? I'm still new to all this … sorry, I have no idea >.>Is there a way to check? I'm still new to all this stuff.I'm currently living in a dorm room btw

he means do you have virgin (meaning does your internet come from a cable) or does your internet come from a BT line (BT, Tiscalli, etc)?

I have a Wireless N router never used i would sell for £35 if you want, mine would only work on a cable line

Original Poster

Oh.. it comes from a cable, so it's probably virgin.

@Chuckles1001: do you have the model + brand of said router?

Original Poster

wow porter nice find! thanks!

while I'm reading through all the reviews, I'm more than happy to receive more input

Original Poster

haha thanks!
I think I will get this, the reviews for this thing is superb!

Dam my router has one down, it is the one mentioned on ebuyer.com i got it 3 months ago when it was £55, never used it cos my Buffalo is so good

if you are a sky subscriber then get their broadband with a free wireless router, its very good imo and does all i need it to...
Post a comment
@
    Text