Could you comment on this - bluetooth earphones

Posted 26th Dec 2019
Thinking of buying some bluetooth earphones. I really don't want to spend a fortune, i will be using them at the gym, running and occasional use to listen to music. I have seen this model on Amazon
amazon.co.uk/dp/…7RX
I don't want to spend more than that, unless for a few quids more there would be a huge difference in term of quality. What do you think of the above model?
Thanks
J
PS: I don't want to buy directly from China, it would have to be an UK retailer, thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
First glance reviews seem good but running it through fakespot that goes downhill fast fakespot.com/pro…lay
They may well be ok but I always run a mile when I see those ridiculous descriptions filled with brackets. That's just me though. I'd rather pay for branded stuff.
ok thanks, hmmm, any recommendation?
have a look on the deals section. do a search for the word 'earbuds' as that is the correct terminology for them.

i have been looking at them and at the moment i am sitting on the fence as even the expensive ones don't sound that great so cheaper ones will probably be rubbish. some of the negative comments on the earbuds are that they are too big, they won't stay in your ear if you are exercising, the battery life is poor, the call quality is poor, they hurt your ear when you wear them, the sound quality for listening to music is poor.

you will have to read the comments and reviews and make up your own mind.
mutley126/12/2019 14:40

have a look on the deals section. do a search for the word 'earbuds' as …have a look on the deals section. do a search for the word 'earbuds' as that is the correct terminology for them.i have been looking at them and at the moment i am sitting on the fence as even the expensive ones don't sound that great so cheaper ones will probably be rubbish. some of the negative comments on the earbuds are that they are too big, they won't stay in your ear if you are exercising, the battery life is poor, the call quality is poor, they hurt your ear when you wear them, the sound quality for listening to music is poor.you will have to read the comments and reviews and make up your own mind.

Thanks mutley1, i went for this model at the end, if they are rubbish i won't lose too much money and for what i want to do with them i am pretty sure that they will be more than adequate

hotukdeals.com/dea…729

And i could always try to send them back too if they were really awful, Amazon is pretty good on returns

J
jeannot1826/12/2019 15:32

Thanks mutley1, i went for this model at the end, if they are rubbish i …Thanks mutley1, i went for this model at the end, if they are rubbish i won't lose too much money and for what i want to do with them i am pretty sure that they will be more than adequatehttps://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wireless-earphones-mpow-t5m5-true-wireless-headphones-lightning-deal-amazon-3370729#commentsAnd i could always try to send them back too if they were really awful, Amazon is pretty good on returnsJ

i would be interested in what you think of them when you get them. from reading the comments, the anker and jlab earbuds can be decent for the price. i think these mpow ones are OK. if you don't have too much expectation from them then you will be fine. if you just want to hear sound out of them then the cheaper ones will do just as well as the more expensive ones and you don't mind charging them more often.

i think as you are looking to use them for the gym and running, the critical test for you will be whether they stay in your ear during the activities. what are you using them for if you are not using them for music?
mutley126/12/2019 15:38

i would be interested in what you think of them when you get them. from …i would be interested in what you think of them when you get them. from reading the comments, the anker and jlab earbuds can be decent for the price. i think these mpow ones are OK. if you don't have too much expectation from them then you will be fine. if you just want to hear sound out of them then the cheaper ones will do just as well as the more expensive ones and you don't mind charging them more often.i think as you are looking to use them for the gym and running, the critical test for you will be whether they stay in your ear during the activities. what are you using them for if you are not using them for music?

I learn a fair bit of languages using my phone (German and Italian), so i will be using them for this too. And sometimes at work for listening to Amazon Music from my phone. I know that some people are pretty "anal" about sound quality but i am not that obsessed and they will be better than my cheap wired earphones i am using right now i think. I will let you know once i received them and use them a few times
Anker Soundbuds on amazon are fantastic. I have bought three of them (two for me as I lost one and one as a gift)
mutley126/12/2019 15:38

i would be interested in what you think of them when you get them. from …i would be interested in what you think of them when you get them. from reading the comments, the anker and jlab earbuds can be decent for the price. i think these mpow ones are OK. if you don't have too much expectation from them then you will be fine. if you just want to hear sound out of them then the cheaper ones will do just as well as the more expensive ones and you don't mind charging them more often.i think as you are looking to use them for the gym and running, the critical test for you will be whether they stay in your ear during the activities. what are you using them for if you are not using them for music?

Hi Mutley, i have been using the earphones for a bit now. Quality wise they are pretty good for the price but it's my first pair of wireless earphone so i can't really compare them to others. The sound quality is pretty good, but again i am not expert in the matter. As for staying in your ears, i have dropped them once while running on the treadmill, other than that they stay on, i need to fit the smaller bud in, i have not had the time to do it and i am a bit worried to damage them while doing it, but i would say for the money they are pretty good. The case is not too small but that's not a problem for me as i used them just for the gym
jeannot1810/01/2020 21:54

Hi Mutley, i have been using the earphones for a bit now. Quality wise …Hi Mutley, i have been using the earphones for a bit now. Quality wise they are pretty good for the price but it's my first pair of wireless earphone so i can't really compare them to others. The sound quality is pretty good, but again i am not expert in the matter. As for staying in your ears, i have dropped them once while running on the treadmill, other than that they stay on, i need to fit the smaller bud in, i have not had the time to do it and i am a bit worried to damage them while doing it, but i would say for the money they are pretty good. The case is not too small but that's not a problem for me as i used them just for the gym

thanks for the feedback. this is interesting. how do they compare with other wired headphones that you have used in the past?

a lot of comments on earbuds are that they are too big and fall out. how big are these compared with the buds that are attached to wired headphones? i have small ears so a lot of the earbuds pictured look like they won't fit inside my ear and so won't stay.

also have you tested how long a full charge lasts you?
mutley111/01/2020 14:23

thanks for the feedback. this is interesting. how do they compare with …thanks for the feedback. this is interesting. how do they compare with other wired headphones that you have used in the past?a lot of comments on earbuds are that they are too big and fall out. how big are these compared with the buds that are attached to wired headphones? i have small ears so a lot of the earbuds pictured look like they won't fit inside my ear and so won't stay.also have you tested how long a full charge lasts you?

The charge last quite a while as you put them back in the case, it acts like a power bank. Sound wise they are as good as the wired one i have got but i have not any quality wired earphones either. As for your ears, you can only try and see how they fit, maybe you could borrow some from someone and try. Saying that for £26 is not much of a risk
jeannot1811/01/2020 15:09

The charge last quite a while as you put them back in the case, it acts …The charge last quite a while as you put them back in the case, it acts like a power bank. Sound wise they are as good as the wired one i have got but i have not any quality wired earphones either. As for your ears, you can only try and see how they fit, maybe you could borrow some from someone and try. Saying that for £26 is not much of a risk

i don't know anybody with earbuds, let alone these particular earbuds. but as you say at £26, it may be worth a punt. if it fits in your ear and you haven't noticed that they are too big then the likelihood is that they will be fine for me.

i don't have expensive wired headphones either and i am happy enough with them so sounds like these are what i am looking for as i maybe wasting money buying anything more expensive. i will keep an eye out for these when they next come up on sale
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions