Groups

Council House advice for when someone dies?

Does anyone know what needs to be emptied from a council house when someone dies? does fridge, carpets, oven extra need to be removed?

13 Comments

When you move out normally you are expected to leave it in the condition you occupied it in. Some charge for removal if items are left behind.

I would say it would be best to contact your local and ask.

all contents are to be removed otherwise they will bill whoever is next of kin a bill if the council have to do it this happened to someone i know recently hth also maybe depends on the area and council involved

judging by the life of grime programs everything must go apart from fabric of the building really

Banned

As stated above you will most likely be charged an over-inflated removal fee.

Then again, applicanes might actually belong in the flat and should not be removed ?

Best contact your local council

Original Poster

Thanks folks, i'll call them tomorrow

Talk to the council. They may let you leave the stuff. Or you can call a local charity and they can collect a lot of the gear. You will normally have to remove the carpets unless you have a prior agreement.

Best thing to do it talk to your local housing office, big boss- Estate Officer explain the situation and they may let you leave certain items that you cant get rid of in such short notice.

has to be left in the condition it was let and all items removed including all carpets and any alterations eg change in light fittings replaced back ....... but speak to the housing officer as rent will also still need to be paid until the notice period has ended but if the items left are good they might be able to suggest a charity who may take them or offer help

Debts are not transferable nor are agreements. If you didnt sign anything and you are not a guarantor on the tentant agreement then It is not your responsability to put things back how they where before your relative moved in.

Banned

apduk;7348101

Debts are not transferable nor are agreements. If you didnt sign anything … Debts are not transferable nor are agreements. If you didnt sign anything and you are not a guarantor on the tentant agreement then It is not your responsability to put things back how they where before your relative moved in.

but if theres a charge for this by the council then the estate would have to pay it, therefore if the OP stands to get anything from the will it would be in their interest to do it

apduk;7348101

Debts are not transferable nor are agreements. If you didnt sign anything … Debts are not transferable nor are agreements. If you didnt sign anything and you are not a guarantor on the tentant agreement then It is not your responsability to put things back how they where before your relative moved in.

+1
    when my mum died one of my brothers removed personal things from her house but nothing else. none of us were ever charged for clearing out her property.I suspect it depends on the council.

colinsunderland;7348233

but if theres a charge for this by the council then the estate would have … but if theres a charge for this by the council then the estate would have to pay it, therefore if the OP stands to get anything from the will it would be in their interest to do it

Well obviously the bill for the removal will come out of the estate, but if there isnt one then the council foot the bill.

Call in the Crime Scene Clean-up team!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD38
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …57
      3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?35
      4. CEX return/exchange at different store22

See more discussions