Groups

Council Tax

Banned
    Hi all,

Does anyone know of a place where you can check if you have paid too much council tax? I am in band b, and as i was looking at this years council tax prices on the council website, i have worked out how much I have paid last year and it seems way too much. Any way of checking this?

Thanks

9 Comments

Banned

ring your local tax office

Asking them? Or show them copies of your bank statements showing how much has been paid and ask them to refund the difference?

fragaliciousbob;7845253

ring your local tax office

Its not your tax office you want. Its your local council who issue the bill.

moneysavingexpert.com/rec…nge

all the info etc you will need here

I got almost £2,000 back & now pay less pcm

GOOD LUCK!

be careful about checking in to it though, it can lead to a check on your house and a re-banding if there is an error, however is could go up or down and you can;'t do anything about it afterwards.

i rang my local counsil last week to check i was up todate and they put me through to the right people, just needed my counsil tax ref number

Banned

BridleG;7845423

Its not your tax office you want. Its your local council who issue the … Its not your tax office you want. Its your local council who issue the bill.

well obv its called COUNCIL tax

fragaliciousbob;7848950

well obv its called COUNCIL tax

:roll:

you still don't ring the Tax Office do you?

dur!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow711
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller34
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2151
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767360

See more discussions