Posted 4th Apr 2022
Has anyone received theirs yet? Nothing in my bank account as of today.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

52 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Mine took it directly off my council tax bill, which is 100% easier imo since I pay my council tax annually.
    So did my mothers (different council).
    However I checked my boyfriends (different council again) and his hasn't been took off his council tax bill and he's not had a payment yet. So I've told him to keep an eye on his bank account for the £150 over the next month.
    All 3 in Scotland though. (edited)
  2. Avatar
    simbaa04/04/2022 08:55

Do we need a direct debit in order to receive rebate? I usually pay …Do we need a direct debit in order to receive rebate? I usually pay manually monthly

Yes you do.

Otherwise you need to contact the council to receive payment.
  3. Avatar
    Ukguy10104/04/2022 06:36

Early April according to mine.

Considering today is the second working day in April (and it really hasn't started for normal work hours) then I would say you are a tad optimistic. Check again later this week but early April, for me means up to 15th. It may mean something else for others but I certainly wouldn't have expected payment after one working day.
  4. Avatar
    FrampyStinkwonkel04/04/2022 10:38

I wonder how many will spaff it up the wall cus they think of it as …I wonder how many will spaff it up the wall cus they think of it as "free" money

and then moan they have no money and use a food bank! build up cupboard stores, freezer for reduced meats etc. this morning i got a £15 boneless shoulder of pork for £4. cheap bit of herbs and spices & 24hr in the slow cooker and you have very cheap pulled pork (£6 all in with herb and elec). use what you want for 5 days then freeze left overs! i cant see why people dont do it. saves hundreds a year
  5. Avatar
    Carmarthenshire County Council website said April, then end of May and now changed to June. Not really fair.
  6. Avatar
    You should receive it by the end of the month. The council tax rebate is not for energy, it’s simply to stall the rise in council tax so whilst you are being given the money with one hand you’ll be paying more each month to the council.

The energy rebate is due in October around the time energy costs will rise again by around the same as they did on 1st April. That one is a loan so you will end up paying it back through your monthly bills over a number of years.
  7. Avatar
    pinkytuscadero16/05/2022 14:04

Nothing here in my part of Lincolnshire yet!

Same. ELDC apparently have said it'll be by the end of the month (unless you don't have a DD set up. then it'll be up to Sept)
  8. Avatar
    What does your Local Authority say about when it will pay? Mine says 'from late April'.
  9. Avatar
    Nope but they’ve got till September to pay it
  10. Avatar
    Have looked at a few councils and most say they will be doing it May/June, this is so they can confirm bank details by having the first/April payment coming in and clearing, then they will process the out going payment.
  11. Avatar
    Had mine 10 days after the new tax year.
  12. Avatar
    Still waiting in Halton, says May sometie though on thier site.
  13. Avatar
    Mine was paid directly into my bank last week
  14. Avatar
    Just checked my local council website, turns out you won't automatically receive the payment if you pay the council tax bill for someone else via Direct Debit. Had to apply manually for it.
  15. Avatar
    I got the £150 rebate in my bank account in early May (Colchester Council, Essex). I pay by Direct Debit
  16. Avatar
    Birmingham council website says they started to make payments on the 13th May (guess it takes a few days) for those who pay via DD
  17. Avatar
    Rother district council are saying people who pay by direct debit. Are getting there payment last week and this week, people who don’t pay by direct debit will get a letter with a code to go online and claim the rebate. Letters should go out this month but don’t keep your hopes up
  18. Avatar
    This is what my council has said, but so far no sign of it

47453951-hSQvh.jpg
  19. Avatar
    as soon as i get it its going into the gas/elec account
  20. Avatar
    Ukguy10104/04/2022 09:06

Yep same here building up a credit buffer for what lies ahead.

its stupid isnt it. even on 50k a year im having to budget for gas and elec! i feel sorry for those on lower then me now! ive helped on our estate teaching how to grow your own, i provide the plants that i grow as well. its all i can do to help really.
  21. Avatar
    Nothing here in my part of Lincolnshire yet!
  22. Avatar
    Do we need a direct debit in order to receive rebate? I usually pay manually monthly
  23. Avatar
    Ukguy10104/04/2022 09:06

I wonder how many will spaff it up the wall cus they think of it as "free" money
  24. Avatar
    FrampyStinkwonkel04/04/2022 10:38

I wonder how many will spaff it up the wall cus they think of it as …I wonder how many will spaff it up the wall cus they think of it as "free" money

98%
  25. Avatar
    Birmingham is end April / early May
  26. Avatar
    This one off payment will have to be repaid in some form or another by increased taxes or whatever, it is never free money. The October loan is only going to compound things in future when they want it back and lets face it energy prices are not going to drop like a stone as the companies will say they are investing the money in the country being more self sufficient etc..
  27. Avatar
    Do pensioners on pension credit get this and if so they have to make a claim ? Cannot see much info on line about it
  28. Avatar
    Middle may and still waiting, guess cows aren't home yet
  29. Avatar
    Gotten?? Do they do Council Tax in USA?
  30. Avatar
    I’m just bought a house in feb 2022, and payed the remaining till April. Then I’ve set up direct debit from April for the rest of the year with monthly payments, but haven’t received any rebate as of yet. Do I need to contact them?
  31. Avatar
    I don’t pay by DD as date offered wasn’t suitable for me so as yet not had the rebate …
    am waiting for letter from council which invites you to apply and give bank details etc but as yet nothing received - my surname starts with W so if alphabetical generated letters I’ll be one of last no doubt
  32. Avatar
    Anyone else’s council paying weekly in batches?
  33. Avatar
    Still haven't got mine from LBBD. Anyone else? Their website say they've already paid 38k people so far and I ain't one of them lol

KillerNads16/05/2022 14:36

I’m just bought a house in feb 2022, and payed the remaining till April. T …I’m just bought a house in feb 2022, and payed the remaining till April. Then I’ve set up direct debit from April for the rest of the year with monthly payments, but haven’t received any rebate as of yet. Do I need to contact them?

Just contact them to be safe as its your money you want it (edited)
  34. Avatar
    What's the point of all of this rabate going into personal account hassle.
    Just reduce the CT bill!Bristol City Council now asks non-DD to fill in a form.
    Really? 😡
  35. Avatar
    Slough Council saying " early June" for 1st payments due to needing " new" software to pay out.. Yet they have the software to take the money quick enough.. Bearing in mind SBC is bankrupt.. So will be surprised if we see this money at all!! :/ :/
  36. Avatar
    syborg0616/05/2022 15:12

Still haven't got mine from LBBD. Anyone else? Their website say they've …Still haven't got mine from LBBD. Anyone else? Their website say they've already paid 38k people so far and I ain't one of them lolJust contact them to be safe as its your money you want it

LBBD also but as I pay for my mum's council tax via DD, they won't automatically pay it to my account. She (I) had to apply via the form on their website.
  37. Avatar
    My council say they are having problems paying all at once and hope to have it paid by the end of the month.
  38. Avatar
    Author
    windym04/04/2022 06:35

What does your Local Authority say about when it will pay? Mine says …What does your Local Authority say about when it will pay? Mine says 'from late April'.

Early April according to mine.
  39. Avatar
    Author
    windym04/04/2022 06:39

Considering today is the second working day in April (and it really hasn't …Considering today is the second working day in April (and it really hasn't started for normal work hours) then I would say you are a tad optimistic. Check again later this week but early April, for me means up to 15th. It may mean something else for others but I certainly wouldn't have expected payment after one working day.

Just thought they may of paid it when taking payment of bill at the start of month.
  40. Avatar
    Author
    Daffydills04/04/2022 08:55

as soon as i get it its going into the gas/elec account

Top Merchants