Couple caught selling fake items on amazon

Found 26th Jan
Ive seen few deals on here (not recently) permume on amazon. I commented on the deal i got a fake perfume delivered.

I recieved a bit of backlash as some members disbelieved me saying “fakes are not on amazon”

this recent article from today (26/01/18) proves otherwise.

Couple selling fake Batman and Superman clothes on Amazon are caught
manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new…829
Community Updates
Misc
20 Comments
I bought a "genuine" Humax remote control, sold by Amazon - it was fake. They are still selling them - amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
VDisillusioned3 h, 13 m ago

I bought a "genuine" Humax remote control, sold by Amazon - it was fake. …I bought a "genuine" Humax remote control, sold by Amazon - it was fake. They are still selling them - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KKN9GZ2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The seller is humax!
chocci23 m ago

The seller is humax!

No it's not
chocci2 h, 41 m ago

The seller is humax!

It’s dispatched and sold by Amazon
OneGloveOnTheFence2 h, 51 m ago

No it's not

Are you sure it's not. There's one sold by Maxy24, but the link for me seems to indicate sold by Humax, unless I've been doing Amazon purchasing all wrong for the last 15 years
Edited by: "OllieSt" 27th Jan
Mod
OllieSt2 h, 12 m ago

Are you sure it's not. There's one sold by Maxy24, but the link for me …Are you sure it's not. There's one sold by Maxy24, but the link for me seems to indicate sold by Humax, unless I've been doing Amazon purchasing all wrong for the last 15 years

Says on the listing "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon."

If it is indeed a fake, it's really disappointing from Amazon. Definitely worth getting in touch with Humax directly and letting them investigate. Is it possible that it is genuine and that the quality of newer replacement parts aren't quite the same as the original kit?
VDisillusioned9 h, 10 m ago

I bought a "genuine" Humax remote control, sold by Amazon - it was fake. …I bought a "genuine" Humax remote control, sold by Amazon - it was fake. They are still selling them - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KKN9GZ2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then it's up to you to report them, fistly to Amazon, then to Trading Standards.
OllieSt3 h, 14 m ago

Are you sure it's not. There's one sold by Maxy24, but the link for me …Are you sure it's not. There's one sold by Maxy24, but the link for me seems to indicate sold by Humax, unless I've been doing Amazon purchasing all wrong for the last 15 years

Long time doing it wrong. 100% sold by Amazon.
OneGloveOnTheFence9 m ago

Long time doing it wrong. 100% sold by Amazon.

Yeah you're right, I can't believe what I actually posted, it makes no sense to me re-reading it
Edited by: "OllieSt" 27th Jan
BeerDrinker2 h, 20 m ago

Says on the listing "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon."If it is indeed a …Says on the listing "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon."If it is indeed a fake, it's really disappointing from Amazon. Definitely worth getting in touch with Humax directly and letting them investigate. Is it possible that it is genuine and that the quality of newer replacement parts aren't quite the same as the original kit?

Nope, it was definitely fake. The front is a very good facsimile of the real one, except the one they sent me didn't say Humax, but the back and inside the battery compartment are different. And most crucially the programmable - to control third party devices, buttons on the top are fake and don't do anything. There are loads of these remotes for sale on Ebay, some are sold as "replacement" remotes for about £8-10 and some as "genuine", which they aren't, for £20+ The sellers hoping that whoever buys them doesn't try to use the third party control buttons.
artnada1 h, 59 m ago

Then it's up to you to report them, fistly to Amazon, then to Trading …Then it's up to you to report them, fistly to Amazon, then to Trading Standards.

Oh I complained to Amazon, got the standard "sorry the product didn't meet your expectations" or whatever. I did consider Trading Standards, but it was Christmas and I couldn't be bothered. Thing is I know the local department is run down and they probably won't want to be bothered taking on a giant like Amazon. If some guy was selling them down the market they would probably jump at the chance to make an arrest.
Original Poster
grex91012 h, 29 m ago

If you buy "permume", you really deserve all you get.

Its clearly a spelling mistake on my part - you havr been on here since 2006 and rather an experienced on here. Picking up a spelling mistake shows how sad you really are, another one for my ever growing ignore list
I recieved a bit of backlash as some members disbelieved me saying “fakes are not on amazon”

I saw your thread and I'm struggling to recall anybody saying that...
Original Poster
RossD891 h, 50 m ago

I recieved a bit of backlash as some members disbelieved me saying “fakes a …I recieved a bit of backlash as some members disbelieved me saying “fakes are not on amazon”I saw your thread and I'm struggling to recall anybody saying that...

It wasnt a thread i posted myself it was a comment on another members thread
VDisillusioned6 h, 8 m ago

Nope, it was definitely fake. The front is a very good facsimile of the …Nope, it was definitely fake. The front is a very good facsimile of the real one, except the one they sent me didn't say Humax, but the back and inside the battery compartment are different. And most crucially the programmable - to control third party devices, buttons on the top are fake and don't do anything. There are loads of these remotes for sale on Ebay, some are sold as "replacement" remotes for about £8-10 and some as "genuine", which they aren't, for £20+ The sellers hoping that whoever buys them doesn't try to use the third party control buttons.

Chances are someone bought a fake one cheap on eBay, ordered a real one and then swapped them over and returned the fake one for a refund from amazon. Amazon checked it and thought it was the real one so restocked it.
Bought Dior Sauvage sold and delivered by Amazon and it was fake, I reckon they use third party sellers stock when they run out.
Why would a company that pays minimum wage, uses zero hour contracts, avoids paying its fair share of tax on its massive profits, surprise people when its found outvto be allegedly selling fake goods,?????
I bought some aftershave from amazon before and was fake, they told me to send it back.
I bought some boots on amazon, 3rd party seller, they fell apart very quickly and were very expensive, I got a 50% refund for repairs but then noticed a lot of details inside weren't up to scratch when checking the part which had fallen off. I questioned where the seller had acquired them for resale and got a very vague answer along the lines of "we can't reveal our suppliers' names" so with the pictures uploaded of the suspicious details basically got a full refund from amazon given how obvious it was they were illegitimate.
Perhaps it's a question of evidence or maybe talking to a representive over the phone would help
deleted5795928th Jan

I bought some fake tan which was fake, but it was clearly advertised as …I bought some fake tan which was fake, but it was clearly advertised as fake so I do not have a tanned leg to stand on!

but is it a leg or a hot dog
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants