couple of questions for people who have been to euro disney

30 replies
Found 7th Jan 2010
hi just booked my trip cant wait but just couple questions i have for people who have been and any other advice and tips are welcome cheers xx
# we are staying in hotel in resort and have entry into both parks, but just wondering if everything in the parks are free??? (obviously food and drink wont be)
# what do you get in continental breakfast??
# we are staying 3 nights bed and brekkie but have been offered half board upgrade for 70 pounds each and 30 for kid is it worth it??? what do you get for eve meal as in is it 3 courses??
# one last thing but very important my nephew has a nut allergy so have to be very careful as to what he eats do they cater for this in most of the food places??

thanks all and rep will be given for HELPFUL replies xx

30 Comments

Most Rides are free etc..

Space mountain is pretty good, Early morning theirs usually a long queue, However it moves very quick and max waiting time is about 20 mins.

Once early morning rush it's very quick and you can get on it within 5 min.

I went on it about 30 times when I went.

Sloth/Mod

Most rides etc are free and you can get Fastpass tickets for the rides to save queuing. You will have to pay for things like Buffalo Bill though

Continental breakfast is Bread, Jam etc and cereals. Haven't done the half board as have always gone self catering.

As for Nut Allergies, it's catered for and the park is full of the usual McDonalds type places.

Have fun...........it's great :-D

Original Poster

also seen in village they have cinemas are these free???

which hotel? we stayed in new york and it was full bfast...and really lovely! food was really expensive we thought in the parks...except mcds if you want that? if you're driving there is a massive supermarket close by..we bought butty stuff and drinks there and took our own food into the park-its not an issue..
the disney hotels had an early morning entry and we did that for the ides where qs were a problem and then went back to hotel for brekkie after...

the hotel we syated at was the one beginning with S my minds gone blank the food there was RANK!!!

theres a maccy ds and a planet hollywood

Original Poster

we are staying at sequina lodge

try and do the bg rides on a weekday as the parks are rammo at weekends as more locals pore in

Sloth/Mod

ilovepink;7455868

the hotel we syated at was the one beginning with S my minds gone blank … the hotel we syated at was the one beginning with S my minds gone blank the food there was RANK!!!

Santa Fe??

bellows;7455892

we are staying at sequina lodge

thats not the one i stayed at so dont worry

santa fe thats it, food was lukewarm and not very tasty

Syzable;7455896

Santa Fe??

yes i will forever tell people to go elsewhere yucky

new york was lovely...full english all cooked lovely and amazing selection of other foods..the staff were spot on too-it also has a lovely pool which was great apres park!! i would def stay there again or recommend!

jellybaby22;7455895

likewise i didnt rate the food at our hoteleverything else was fab … likewise i didnt rate the food at our hoteleverything else was fab thoughhave fun op

yeah, everything else wa wicked we are going again hopefully in sept for DD 2nd birthday

- some of the other foreign visitors are very rude, well i thought so anyway, some of them proper mental, i remember 1 guy launched his kid out of the pram and run to get a pic taken with daisy duck oh my his stuff went everywhere lol

plumberman01;7455958

new york was lovely...full english all cooked lovely and amazing … new york was lovely...full english all cooked lovely and amazing selection of other foods..the staff were spot on too-it also has a lovely pool which was great apres park!! i would def stay there again or recommend!

is that one expensive?

full english yum yum

Sloth/Mod

ilovepink;7455959

- some of the other foreign visitors are very rude

No...........they are just French ;-) :lol:

Original Poster

ilovepink;7455918

yes i will forever tell people to go elsewhere yucky

was gonna stay there but for extra 13 pounds each we switched to the lodge 3 star and has swimming pools etc so defo worth it

Syzable;7455984

No...........they are just French ;-) :lol:

:lol: i promise it wasnt just the french

the guys that work at disney were lovely thou well i thought

bellows;7455998

was gonna stay there but for extra 13 pounds each we switched to the … was gonna stay there but for extra 13 pounds each we switched to the lodge 3 star and has swimming pools etc so defo worth it

was that it, wow hopefully be same for us we not going till sept (hopefully)

Sloth/Mod

ilovepink;7456003

:lol: i promise it wasnt just the frenchthe guys that work at disney were … :lol: i promise it wasnt just the frenchthe guys that work at disney were lovely thou well i thought

I actually like the French but then again i speak to them in their languge so they probably don't hate me as much. :lol:

can someone tell me when i can try and book for september, wont let me on the site and wanna see how much it will cost

Syzable;7456035

I actually like the French but then again i speak to them in their … I actually like the French but then again i speak to them in their languge so they probably don't hate me as much. :lol:

me too well i tried i dont know much just what i remember from school

ilovepink;7455971

is that one expensive?full english yum yum

it was cheaper than santa fe when we booked feb last year..i booked on the disney site but i think i used the irish one cos was cheaper when i paid in euros....lol
what we liked was walking distance to parks...huge rooms (one lady complained as had 4 in one oom and they gave her a suite FOC)
i couldnt fault the hotel...before brekkie there was always a character in the hallway fo pics etc...so nicely done:thumbsup:

been to disney 3 times this year-just back from new year at hotel new york-everything in the park is free except for the rifle shooting in frontierland.

brekkie at new york included full english,other hotels I have stayed at were just continental.

the cinema is not free,and none of the films were in english the times I was there but maybe they sometimes have this-cant be sure-cheapest entry to the cinema is to buy a "place du cinee" meal at mcdonalds-12 euros gets a big mac meal and a cinema ticket.

the parks should only be busy at weekends this time of year,but you can get in early if you stay at a disney hotel.

tips-if you can take plenty crisps,sweets etc in your suitcase-we actually always pay ryanair/easyjet for an extra suitcase and fill it. for coke/water/juice etc,every day before you enter the park,go to a shop called "relay" in the train station at the entrance to the park-juice is about a third of the price it is in the park. likewise,if you like your tea/coffee-take a flask and use the facilities in your room to make it up every day-a small cup of coffee in the park is 3 euros.

pin trading-this is a huge craze for the kids-they all have lanyards with disney badges and there are swap meets and they can trade with any disney staff wearing lanyards-buy some badges in a uk disney shop before you go-these are better for swaps.

a day trip excursion to paris is great but 70 euros each-for dinner one night,you MUST do the buffalo bill wild west show-58 euros each but an experience never to forget.

I have never used the half board vouchers,and heard mixed reports-eating out with kids,cafe mickey in the village is the most amazing place-the characters come round the tables and its great fun-rainforest cafe is amazing too.

its expensive-souveneirs are expensive,but you will have a holiday never to forget.

op-I missed the answer to your question about the half board vouchers-half board in disney doesnt mean you have to have it in the hotel-you can use the vouchers in most disney hotels,and most restaurants in the park,and some in the village so you have some variety-you can eat in any disney hotel whether you are staying there or not.

Original Poster

barky;7456500

op-I missed the answer to your question about the half board … op-I missed the answer to your question about the half board vouchers-half board in disney doesnt mean you have to have it in the hotel-you can use the vouchers in most disney hotels,and most restaurants in the park,and some in the village so you have some variety-you can eat in any disney hotel whether you are staying there or not.

cool we are going for 3 nights so do you think its worth it for 70 pounds each?? bout 23 pounds a meal then. what are the vouchers for as in 3 courses etc

bellows;7456891

cool we are going for 3 nights so do you think its worth it for 70 pounds … cool we are going for 3 nights so do you think its worth it for 70 pounds each?? bout 23 pounds a meal then. what are the vouchers for as in 3 courses etc

vouchers are usually for 3 courses but be aware there are 3 levels of half board vouchers available-depending on what level you choose depends what venues you can use them in-the lowest one is pretty much useless as far as I can see-the middle ones are ok tho which Im guessing by the price these are.

the fixed menu at cafe mickey for example is 30 euros for adults so you are getting a saving there-but there are places you can eat cheaper than these vouchers-there are plenty all you can eat buffets for less than 23 euros-king ludwigs castle is very reasonable.

disney will only do half board vouchers for your entire stay-so if you were considering the buffallo bill show which includes dinner this wouldnt be worth it.

personally my advice would be go it alone-eat at a decent place 2 nights and mcdonalds the 3rd night to even out your budget over the 3 nights.in the park at cafe hyperion for example you can get dinner for 13 euros for an adult-I think(cant remember exactly) the kids menu is 7 euro.

you could go to rainforest cafe-the atmosphere is amazing for children-just have a main course for 16-17 euros and then buy them an ice cream outside for example-there are loads of options m8-there are some VERY expensive places to eat,but it doesnt need to be if you shop around.

thing is,its a special holiday-I highly reccomend you get the kids to cafe mickey-they will remember it forever-the waiters dance on the tables,mickey,minnie etc come round to see the kids and really interact with them,-like I say,I wouldnt take the vouchers-do mcdonalds one night-will be less than 8 euro each for a meal and then use the cash you save for 2 good restaurants-cafe mickey and either buffalo bill or rainforest cafe.while you are eating dinner at buffalo bill they reenact the wild west story in an arena in front of you with dozens of horses,sharpshooting,buffallo,cowboys and indians,a stagecoach robbery and loads more-its a must if you can afford it.

magicalkingdoms.com/dlp…tml

menus and prices for most places here

check out plaza gardens in the park-all you can eat buffet is very reasonable and its a very nice restaurant

Banned

ilovepink;7455868

the hotel we syated at was the one beginning with S my minds gone blank … the hotel we syated at was the one beginning with S my minds gone blank the food there was RANK!!!

ilovepink;7455874

theres a maccy ds

Something just doesn't read right there! Are you saying go to McDonalds 'cos the food at Disney is bad?

Syzable;7455896

Santa Fe??

No Paris! :w00t:

Original Poster

barky;7457849

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/dlp/menus/index.htmlmenus and prices for … http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/dlp/menus/index.htmlmenus and prices for most places herecheck out plaza gardens in the park-all you can eat buffet is very reasonable and its a very nice restaurant

your a star barky rep has been left u have been very helpful thank you :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions