Groups

Couple of questiosn to Orange users

Hi HUKDers

Looks like I managed to bag the great Orange Blackberry 9700 £20 deal yesterday and now thinking of puttung my elderly Parents on Orange as well, but as they have a very strange useage patern I would like to know the following from real customers - not what Orange will tell me to try and sell two new contracts......

Do Orange bill by the second or round up to the nearest minute?

I know that O2 bill by the second with no minimum call charge (i.e. first minute) and I also know that Three (3) round up to the nearest minute with a one minute minimum.

Also can you completely turn off Orange answerphone - so that if thre is no answer it just rings out?

TIA

EliTom

7 Comments

Billed by the second. Don't know about the answerphone, but you probably can't turn it off.

alex1234;7906004

Billed by the second. Don't know about the answerphone, but you probably … Billed by the second. Don't know about the answerphone, but you probably can't turn it off.

of course you can turn off the answer phone through phone settings

generaloneill;7906047

Oh okay sorry, thought it would be a network thing, never seen the option before.

Original Poster

generaloneill;7906047

thanks generaloneill - thats good news - do you know if there is a one minute minimum - eg if you call someone and voicemail kicks in and you just hang up is this charged as one minute

many thanks

EliTom

I have been with orange for 5 years and think they are great. If you have a contract with them you get a 5% discount on your monthly contract price every year you stay with them and also got an upgrade on free minutes when they upgraded their deals

O2's Minimum Call Charge:
    Please note, the standard minimum call charge of 5p for Pay Monthly or 10p for Pay & Go applies unless otherwise stated.
    † 1 minute minimum call charge applies.

Original Poster

veedubjai;7906426

O2's Minimum Call Charge:Please note, the standard minimum call charge of … O2's Minimum Call Charge:Please note, the standard minimum call charge of 5p for Pay Monthly or 10p for Pay & Go applies unless otherwise stated.† 1 minute minimum call charge applies.

I guess that is if you are out of allowance

all my O2 bill just show the duration and 0.00 cost if in allowance and then are all totalled up

when I was with three if you hit a voicemail and hung up you got 1 full minute taken from your allowance!

EliTom
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1731
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1647
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764470
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27106

See more discussions