Groups

couple question re the free sky HD deal at mo

Hi all,

just had a couple of questions about the sky hd deal at the mo as i know a lot of you went for it and already have your boxes. nothing techie just wanted to know couple of things before sky guy comes to instal my new box tomorrow

1. did you get an HDMI lead with the box (need to know incase i need to buy another one ready for tomorrow)

2. did you get a new sky card ? as i received a new one thru the post this morning but i cant see the point as it looks the same as the old card. (will my old card keep working too?)

any help much appreciated.

6 Comments

Banned

I got HD a while ago and from what i remember i got a HDMI lead and the cards just a normal one.

You'll only get a new card if you're taking up Multiroom, 1 card fits all in the land of Sky

Original Poster

thank you both for your replies, at least i know now i dont have to run out & get an hdmi lead from somewhere.

will leave you some rep

Original Poster

Robotochan;7858481

You'll only get a new card if you're taking up Multiroom, 1 card fits all … You'll only get a new card if you're taking up Multiroom, 1 card fits all in the land of Sky

maybe they have sent the card in error then as we arent taking up multiroom. just swapping from old school sky (not even sky plus) to the HD+ box. guess will wait & see when engineer comes, but i may end up with the old card & box left over (hmm set up my own multiroom maybe if both cards keep working he he he)

Jimston;7858539

maybe they have sent the card in error then as we arent taking up … maybe they have sent the card in error then as we arent taking up multiroom. just swapping from old school sky (not even sky plus) to the HD+ box. guess will wait & see when engineer comes, but i may end up with the old card & box left over (hmm set up my own multiroom maybe if both cards keep working he he he)

Sadly both cards wont work. You'll only get the Free channels on your secondary box, no subscription channels. You'll also possibly get a new dish if your current system is as old as mine was.

Original Poster

kingy58;7858583

Sadly both cards wont work. You'll only get the Free channels on your … Sadly both cards wont work. You'll only get the Free channels on your secondary box, no subscription channels. You'll also possibly get a new dish if your current system is as old as mine was.

oh well not a biggie as we already get sky on all our tvs (we run it thru the aerial in the roof) but can only watch whatever channel is selected in the lounge obviously.

new dish would be nice dont know how old ours is as was inherited when we bought the house but they will have to change the lnb at the least as it only has 2 outputs and we want to keep the old single sky wire incase we ever go freesat.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten1721
      2. Bearded chat1223
      3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407243
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311387

See more discussions