Couples Video Games

Found 29th Mar
Hi Community,

Do you have any suggestions for Video Games (on Xbox One) that would be good for me and my Wife?
She's not really a gamer and is not interested in games like Overcooked or Minecraft, or anything scary.

We'd like something story-line based with good Co-Op, she is worried about not being good enough or being too stressed by the game itself so something relatively fun but engaging.

Thanks for your help!
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
benrobertsno11 h, 30 m ago

I could think of a lot of things I'd rather be doing with my wife than …I could think of a lot of things I'd rather be doing with my wife than play video games.

Yeah but we usually cook and wash up together so we're out of ideas now...
21 Comments
Sounds like you would be better off with a Switch, my wife is the same and I can just about get her to play SnipperClips
Unfortunately that is out of my Price Range, I have a Wii U though?
Not strictly a co-op game but Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. You control each brother with either stick so you could technically share half the controller with your wife - you never know, it might be fun!
Great little game and also it's available on Game Pass. 😁
Adventchild59 m ago

Unfortunately that is out of my Price Range, I have a Wii U though? …Unfortunately that is out of my Price Range, I have a Wii U though?

Wii u has loads of fun Co op games, in fact other than zelda I only ever play it with the missus.

A shame you have an x box as that's probably worst for local co op games and exclusives (though thats my own view). You could try diablo 3, that's quite enjoyable and cheap to pick up.

Someone also mentioned brothers tale of two sons. You could also look at 'A way out' by the same developer, looks quite good and can only be played two player.
Edited by: "delusion" 29th Mar
Here’s a few me and my partner have done couch co op on Xbox one - Child of light, Diablo 3, Borderlands (may have to carry her), Octodad, Rayman Legends. Hope this helps.
delusion13 m ago

A shame you have an x box as that's probably worst for local co op games …A shame you have an x box as that's probably worst for local co op games and exclusives

Disagree - two of the biggest exclusives (Halo/Gears of War) are great in co-op, and backwards compatibility with 360 games expands the selection massively. The Master Chief Collection provides hours of co-op fun, can be had pretty cheaply and is pretty forgiving on lower difficulties

Other recommendations - Never Alone, Chariot, Portal 2 (BC), ilomilo (BC), Army of Two (BC), or team up and take on the world in online Rocket League 2v2 matches
Thanks All, I will look into some of these.
The main focus would be something story-line driven, strongly, games that don't require too much thinking and are fun are the most important aspect, so all FPS, (any military style games are waaaaaaaay out) Horror or PVP style games are out as well.

I did have Child of Light (GWG, but don't use Gold anymore as I don't play online) so may look into this.
Adventchild6 m ago

Thanks All, I will look into some of these.The main focus would be …Thanks All, I will look into some of these.The main focus would be something story-line driven, strongly, games that don't require too much thinking and are fun are the most important aspect, so all FPS, (any military style games are waaaaaaaay out) Horror or PVP style games are out as well.I did have Child of Light (GWG, but don't use Gold anymore as I don't play online) so may look into this.

What about some of the TellTale series? I know that they aren't multiplayer, but my partner and I had fun making the decisions together and watching the stories unfold.

We also enjoy the LEGO games for co-op.
Edited by: "RossD89" 29th Mar
I would second Rayman Legends - great platformer and works well in Co-op. All of the Lego games work well in Co-op, eg Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman, etc.
My Wife hates watching me play games because I'm the typical gamer who has to find ALL THE LOOT.
She wants to just progress through the story
Lego has always been a winner in our house. I'm pinching the suggestions here though:)
How about super mario on the wii u in co op mode
Adventchild2 h, 16 m ago

Unfortunately that is out of my Price Range, I have a Wii U though? …Unfortunately that is out of my Price Range, I have a Wii U though?

What about MARIO Party?
I could think of a lot of things I'd rather be doing with my wife than play video games.
stevenjameshyde3 h, 27 m ago

Disagree - two of the biggest exclusives (Halo/Gears of War) are great in …Disagree - two of the biggest exclusives (Halo/Gears of War) are great in co-op, and backwards compatibility with 360 games expands the selection massively. The Master Chief Collection provides hours of co-op fun, can be had pretty cheaply and is pretty forgiving on lower difficultiesOther recommendations - Never Alone, Chariot, Portal 2 (BC), ilomilo (BC), Army of Two (BC), or team up and take on the world in online Rocket League 2v2 matches

You preach brother.
karlypants3 h, 17 m ago

What about MARIO Party?

Not quite the story-line driven co-op we want
benrobertsno11 h, 30 m ago

I could think of a lot of things I'd rather be doing with my wife than …I could think of a lot of things I'd rather be doing with my wife than play video games.

Yeah but we usually cook and wash up together so we're out of ideas now...
Forget the story and go crazy on Mario Kart, fun all the way
Portal and Portal 2 are great fun - They are puzzle solving games with a fun interesting storyline, you can do it solo or as two players (from what I can remember).

And it's one of those games you can turn on and get going, no need a warm up or anything.
Monopoly gears and halo
Thanks everyone, turns out the winner was: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants