Groups

Courgette Crisis

Don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of my day or sleep tonight hearing this dreadful news!!!!!!

57 Comments

i have lived through this, once there was a few pieces of courgette in my lasagne
    life goes on but will never be the same

What are you two talking about?!

Original Poster

cdm22

What are you two talking about?!

​just been on the 1 o'clock main news that there's a courgette shortage oO ....which they described as a "crisis" X) X) ...

Learning about all those dead vegetables makes my inner child very happy indeed

bevalor

​just been on the 1 o'clock main news that there's a courgette shortage o … ​just been on the 1 o'clock main news that there's a courgette shortage oO ....which they described as a "crisis" X)X):D ...

Yeah huge demand because of the latest spiralisation craze . I suppose I will have to leave any I find on the shelves ,for people who really need them .

easiest vegetable to grow yourself

ok I suppose the Lidl 59p a kg didn't help the cause last week

It's just a small marrow, bland

As rare as a hatchimal in December and about as disappointing. I got one on Tuesday but I've eaten it now. Maybe I should've stocked up

Bought 4 for eBay, thanks!

It's the wrong type of weather (from what I understood when it was mentioned a week ago)

All that flooding and recent freezing temperatures have ruined the normal crops

don't care, Yorkshire's still got the rhubarb triangle.

Original Poster

chaywa

Bought 4 for eBay, thanks!

​you got the right idea X)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tPNWrGFYMm0/Vfm9lcC_8KI/AAAAAAAAjTo/8BiqqIc1EQU/s640/PmHTfHu.jpg

what a pickle X)

I blame Brexit voters for this...& Trump...& Mossad
    Edited by: "Dark.Energy" 19th Jan

DarkEnergy2012

what a pickle X)I blame Brexit voters for this...& Trump...& Mossad

Likely to be Russian Hackers I think.

http://i41.tinypic.com/nqeo1f.jpg

Going to get fat now might actually have to exercise till they come back D:

shadey12

don't care, Yorkshire's still got the rhubarb triangle.

I live in the rhubarb triangle but I don't think it would've worked as well in my carrot and halloumi burger as the courgette did
    Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 19th Jan

psychobitchfromhell

I live in the rhubarb triangle but I don't think it would've worked as … I live in the rhubarb triangle but I don't think it would've worked as well in my carrot and halloumi burger as the courgette did

​I thought you lived in Scotland, then Bradford, now I'm unsure.
    are you a traveller.
    Edited by: "shadey12" 19th Jan

devonbob

easiest vegetable to grow yourself

Still got a couple I grew back in August
    not sure how edible it will be going to make soup
    http://i.imgur.com/HFg6p3U.jpg
    no it isn't a pumpkin it is a round corgette

shadey12

​I thought you lived in Scotland, then Bradford, now I'm unsure.are you a … ​I thought you lived in Scotland, then Bradford, now I'm unsure.are you a traveller.

I live in Bradford which is one of the three corners of the rhubarb triangle along with Leeds and Wakefield. I have lived in Scotland and a number of other places for that matter. I see myself more as peripatetic than a traveller

If this is worst shortage we have to endure the UK it does not have any problems.
    The BBC news must be very short of news to be reporting this!

thewongwing101

Still got a couple I grew back in Augustnot sure how edible it will be … Still got a couple I grew back in Augustnot sure how edible it will be going to make soupno it isn't a pumpkin it is a round corgette

Save them. They could be worth a few Bob if the crisis continues

there's a news shortage as well !?! oO this really is the end of the world

landros1

If this is worst shortage we have to endure the UK it does not have any … If this is worst shortage we have to endure the UK it does not have any problems.The BBC news must be very short of news to be reporting this!

landros1

If this is worst shortage we have to endure the UK it does not have any … If this is worst shortage we have to endure the UK it does not have any problems.The BBC news must be very short of news to be reporting this!

I'm not sure you grasp the gravity of the situation. I alone must go through at least half a dozen courgettes a year. Thewongwing has had to resort to growing them. Thin end of the wedge if you ask me...

psychobitchfromhell

I live in Bradford which is one of the three corners of the rhubarb … I live in Bradford which is one of the three corners of the rhubarb triangle along with Leeds and Wakefield. I have lived in Scotland and a number of other places for that matter. I see myself more as peripatetic than a traveller

i don't go on these new fangled ideas, to me it finishes in Morley.
    when I lived in tong I didn't consider myself part of the triangle. ​

has anything mysteriously disappeared in the rhubarb triangle?
    Edited by: "Dark.Energy" 19th Jan

shadey12

i don't go on these new fangled ideas, to me it finishes in Morley.when I … i don't go on these new fangled ideas, to me it finishes in Morley.when I lived in tong I didn't consider myself part of the triangle. ​

I saw some growing in the allotments across the road this very afternoon. I personally would put it as a small splodge around Rothwell but I'm just going by what Harry gration said on look north so it must be true.

psychobitchfromhell

I saw some growing in the allotments across the road this very afternoon. … I saw some growing in the allotments across the road this very afternoon. I personally would put it as a small splodge around Rothwell but I'm just going by what Harry gration said on look north so it must be true.

​don't believe what harry tells you.

DarkEnergy2012

​main rule of the rhubarb triangle, don't tell strangers about its mystic secrets,
    especially one who comes asking with the name dark in his name, he will try to gain your trust and knowledge.

shadey12

​don't believe what harry tells you.

How very dare you! Next you will be casting doubt on Paul the weatherman's long range forecast. As for tong, they sell rhubarb plants in tong garden centre. I've seen them there

DarkEnergy2012

Nobody knows. They hide them all in mysterious buildings lit by candles called forcing sheds.

psychobitchfromhell

I'm not sure you grasp the gravity of the situation. I alone must go … I'm not sure you grasp the gravity of the situation. I alone must go through at least half a dozen courgettes a year. Thewongwing has had to resort to growing them. Thin end of the wedge if you ask me...

I also grow rhubarb

thewongwing101

I also grow rhubarb

Rhubarb and courgettes? I am in awe. I had two courgettes off my 10p b&q plants but the slugs got to them before I did. Had I known of this impending crisis naturally I would've taken more care of my precious crop. Having recently moved I am currently without rhubarb plants

the candles are really lights from alien space ships coming & going,
    they bring the rhubarb here from another planet because it's toxic & they're trying to kill us

The Truth Is Out There

psychobitchfromhell

Nobody knows. They hide them all in mysterious buildings lit by candles … Nobody knows. They hide them all in mysterious buildings lit by candles called forcing sheds.

psychobitchfromhell

Rhubarb and courgettes? I am in awe. I had two courgettes off my 10p b&q … Rhubarb and courgettes? I am in awe. I had two courgettes off my 10p b&q plants but the slugs got to them before I did. Had I known of this impending crisis naturally I would've taken more care of my precious crop. Having recently moved I am currently without rhubarb plants

I think you can grow new plants from pretty much any old bit of root(but I expect you know more about this than me )

zucchini still available.

thewongwing101

I think you can grow new plants from pretty much any old bit of root(but … I think you can grow new plants from pretty much any old bit of root(but I expect you know more about this than me )

Are you suggesting I go nick some out of someone's garden? Suppose I could acquire some from a nearby field.

davewave

zucchini still available.

Light at the end of the tunnel

DarkEnergy2012

the candles are really lights from alien space ships coming & going,they … the candles are really lights from alien space ships coming & going,they bring the rhubarb here from another planet because it's toxic & they're trying to kill usThe Truth Is Out There

If they can do that why can't they bring some courgettes too? Don't they know there's a crisis going on down here?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions