Courier advice for a largish heavy item please....

6 replies
Found 16th May 2009
I have a 3 Rifle gun cabinet on ebay ATM, I had listed it as 'Pickup only' but I have had 3 people asking if I could arrange delivery etc....

Any idea who would be the cheapest for this, if any ?

Trouble is it's solid steel (Liftable) but I have no idea of the weight, dimensions would not be a problem...

Has anyone used a courier that will deliver heavy items like this....

Dont really want to miss out on a sale if posssible etc, I already relisted due to my location etc

Thanks

maxmix

1. Misc
  2. Courier
6 Comments

well you put pick up only so not really your problem to find a carrier,tell them to sort one out from there end its just as easy for them to and you can bet they will find a cheap one

or

tell them ok you will sort them one out but you carnt give them a price based on a cheap one.give them two or three prices you have found then say its up to them weather they get you to sort it at your price or sort there own.

btw where are you and wheres it got to go to??

Original Poster

terry7866;5226650

well you put pick up only so not really your problem to find a … well you put pick up only so not really your problem to find a carrier,tell them to sort one out from there end its just as easy for them to and you can bet they will find a cheap oneortell them ok you will sort them one out but you carnt give them a price based on a cheap one.give them two or three prices you have found then say its up to them weather they get you to sort it at your price or sort there own.

Thanks, I'll end up going this way... Jsut dont want to relist for the 3rd time, local rag next time I think, just the weight is a bit of a killer etc....

maxmix

If you do have to go down the line of posting the item to them, have a look at [url]www.parcel2go.com[/url], who will give you a choice of couriers and their prices. Once you've decided which one to use, you can print off the delivery address label and they'll pick up from your door. Their cost calculator is really easy to use.

interparcel.com/quote/

They carry large/bulky items that most won't even quote for. Not sure of the current pricing but it used to be pretty good :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks guys, that should do me....

Can close now etc

maxmix

£50 max, you can get a pallet delivere for that
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.819
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769457
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98197
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1946

See more discussions