courier company to send a mobile phone to germany

Found 6th Apr 2016
I need to return a mobile phone to Amazon germany. May I ask which courier company will allow me to do so? Parcel Monkey does that, but they have poor reviews.

Thanks all.

22 Comments

Banned

parcelforce & royal mail

£13 to £30
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 6th Apr 2016

Hermes. £11.34.

"Your parcel will be delivered within 3-7 working days, after the parcel is collected from the Hermes store. Collection of the parcel from the Hermes store usually occurs within 1 working day. Delivery cannot be guaranteed.
Your parcel is protected up to the value of £20.00. You can take additional protection for your parcel up to the value of £1,000.00
Maximum Parcel Weight - 15 kg
Maximum Parcel Length - 1.2 m
Maximum Parcel Length+Girth - 2.25 m"

Or for an extra 30p they will collect it from your door.

They do take mobile phones except to Residential address in Turkey or Pakistan.

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

parcelforce & royal mail£13 to £30

royal mail does not deliver phones to germany

hukduserr

You can send parcels using Royal mail international economy.
Edited by: "kiish" 8th Apr 2016

Banned

hukduserr

yes they do
Royal Mail
International Tracked & Signed to Germany 3 to 5 day delivery 500g small parcel insurance to £250 equals £12.65
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 8th Apr 2016

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

yes they doRoyal MailInternational Tracked & Signed to Germany 3 to 5 day … yes they doRoyal MailInternational Tracked & Signed to Germany 3 to 5 day delivery 500g small parcel insurance to £250 equals £12.65

they do send parcel to germany. but they do not send MOBILE PHONE to germany.

Banned

hukduserr

they do send parcel to germany. but they do not send MOBILE PHONE to … they do send parcel to germany. but they do not send MOBILE PHONE to germany.

YOU ARE WRONG!!

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/123

Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries when sent contained in … Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries when sent contained in equipment such as a mobile phone or digital camera are allowed. Please see

Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries when sent contained in … Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries when sent contained in electronic equipment such as a mobile phone or digital camera are allowed. Please see

Get a price & buy online here royalmail.com/pri…der

I've just returned an item that I bought off eBay to Germany' cost me £15 booked online and the carrier collected from my house' can't fault the service got delivered today and the carrier automatically emailed me a p.o.d

http://www.dpd.co.uk/

Hope this helps

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

YOU ARE … YOU ARE WRONG!!https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/123Get a price & buy online here http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

yes you can send lithium battery when they are in gadgets. but there are a few countries that RM does not send that to. one of it is germany. i have been to RM to check with them. unless we can find proof on their website that RM is happy to deliver the phone to germany, i think it would be silly of me to argue with them.

Original Poster

pennyfarthing88

I've just returned an item that I bought off eBay to Germany' cost me £15 … I've just returned an item that I bought off eBay to Germany' cost me £15 booked online and the carrier collected from my house' can't fault the service got delivered today and the carrier automatically emailed me a p.o.d http://www.dpd.co.uk/Hope this helps

thanks. was the item a phone by any chance? hehe only want to be sure that dpd is happy to do so

Original Poster

myhermes exclude electronic items from compensation.

hukduserr

thanks. was the item a phone by any chance? hehe only want to be sure … thanks. was the item a phone by any chance? hehe only want to be sure that dpd is happy to do so

No mate sorry - it was a car accessory' you'll have to check there website for anything they can't take

This is the site I used - a bit like a comparison site for sending parcels overseas' just choose the one that suits you best parcel2go.com/cam…C2w

Original Poster

pennyfarthing88

This is the site I used - a bit like a comparison site for sending … This is the site I used - a bit like a comparison site for sending parcels overseas' just choose the one that suits you best https://www.parcel2go.com/campaign/international-parcel-delivery?gclid=COX3zu33_8sCFbEy0wodcX0C2w

thanks.

Banned

hukduserr

yes you can send lithium battery when they are in gadgets. but there are … yes you can send lithium battery when they are in gadgets. but there are a few countries that RM does not send that to. one of it is germany. i have been to RM to check with them. unless we can find proof on their website that RM is happy to deliver the phone to germany, i think it would be silly of me to argue with them.

Right. You can send a mobile phone to Germany. Read the excluded items that I have given you a link to already. YOU ARE WRONG & SO IS THE PERSON THAT TOLD YOU A MOBILE PHONE IS EXCLUDED!

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Right. You can send a mobile phone to Germany. Read the excluded items … Right. You can send a mobile phone to Germany. Read the excluded items that I have given you a link to already. YOU ARE WRONG & SO IS THE PERSON THAT TOLD YOU A MOBILE PHONE IS EXCLUDED!

http://www.royalmail.com/germany
see under prohibited items. it is clearly stated that no gadgets with lithium battery is allowed.

Original Poster

youdontwanttoknow- i hope i were wrong, but...
still searching for a courier company

I used Royal mail to send a phone to USA for repairs ( + purchased extra cover to £250). got stolen and later found out that Royal mail doesn't compensate mobile phones. Why did the Postoffice sell it then ?, I asked. Nothing to do with royal mail of course!. They gave £50 as compensation despite going to an independant body. Thus I won't sugget using royal mail at all. Any couriers you guys recommend ?

hukduserr

youdontwanttoknow- i hope i were wrong, but... :(still searching for a … youdontwanttoknow- i hope i were wrong, but... :(still searching for a courier company

Original Poster

sachinwahal

I used Royal mail to send a phone to USA for repairs ( + purchased extra … I used Royal mail to send a phone to USA for repairs ( + purchased extra cover to £250). got stolen and later found out that Royal mail doesn't compensate mobile phones. Why did the Postoffice sell it then ?, I asked. Nothing to do with royal mail of course!. They gave £50 as compensation despite going to an independant body. Thus I won't sugget using royal mail at all. Any couriers you guys recommend ?

i sent mine via dhl. no problems. got full refund for the phone hehe

hukduserr

i sent mine via dhl. no problems. got full refund for the phone hehe

​Parcel2go seems to ha e some good quotes but when insurance protection added for a phone prices rocket £30+. Is that around what DHL charged?

Original Poster

sachinwahal

​Parcel2go seems to ha e some good quotes but when insurance protection a … ​Parcel2go seems to ha e some good quotes but when insurance protection added for a phone prices rocket £30+. Is that around what DHL charged?

i paid 25 quids.

Original Poster

tbh, just go with whichever company. dont spend too much time thinking about it, because at the end of the day, time is money
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants