Courier driver query

Posted 26th Apr
my wife isn't happy because when the courier driver delivered our parcel he got his phone out and took a picture of our house and car

is this normal?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
You only need to worry if he takes a picture of your wife
Yes it’s now normal, in case you say you never received the parcel. It’ll stay on their systems for about 6 months before it’s deleted when the tracking number is recycled. It’s perfectly legal to take any picture from a street, your house and car will likely already be on google street view anyway.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 26th Apr
17 Comments
Yes it’s now normal, in case you say you never received the parcel. It’ll stay on their systems for about 6 months before it’s deleted when the tracking number is recycled. It’s perfectly legal to take any picture from a street, your house and car will likely already be on google street view anyway.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 26th Apr
cmdr_elito55 s ago

Yes it’s now normal, in case you say you never received the parcel.

Oh ok cheers I'll let her know
4Real201610 m ago

Yup - they take photos of where they leave stuff if your not home - I used their photos to prove they left the stuff at the wrong address lolz
Taf26/04/2019 20:46

Yup - they take photos of where they leave stuff if your not home - I used …Yup - they take photos of where they leave stuff if your not home - I used their photos to prove they left the stuff at the wrong address lolz

Ye but she was at home. She signed for it and he still took a picture of the house

I've got him on CCTV
Edited by: "stevo6105" 26th Apr
Most people are honest, however there are still plenty of people that would still say they have not received it even after signing for it (blame it on the driver signing it)

So you can see why they are now doing this to have more proof that the items have been delivered. I personally wouldnt have a problem, but then I would say I'm quite honest if I have received it.
I font see any reason why he needs to take a pic of your car, especially if it includes you Reg Number, I would be straight on the phone to them for that.
zirk26 m ago

I font see any reason why he needs to take a pic of your car, especially …I font see any reason why he needs to take a pic of your car, especially if it includes you Reg Number, I would be straight on the phone to them for that.

Many houses are small and have a parking space next to the front door so assume the car just happened to be in the way, it’s also another piece of evidence that in the event of a challenge they can check if it’s registered to you.
Had an Amazon delivery yesterday as I was leaving the house.
Walked up to meet him at the roadside but he refused to hand over the package until we walked back to the house so he could scan it at the front door.
stevo61059 h, 45 m ago

I've got him on CCTV

It works both ways then doesn't it.
stevo610510 h, 43 m ago

Ye but she was at home. She signed for it and he still took a picture of …Ye but she was at home. She signed for it and he still took a picture of the houseI've got him on CCTV

Better get it to the police then
Bingstroller27/04/2019 04:57

Had an Amazon delivery yesterday as I was leaving the house. Walked up to …Had an Amazon delivery yesterday as I was leaving the house. Walked up to meet him at the roadside but he refused to hand over the package until we walked back to the house so he could scan it at the front door.

Yep this is normal due to parcel intercept scams. Order using stolen credit cards and send to random address and wait for couriers
cmdr_elito27/04/2019 11:34

Yep this is normal due to parcel intercept scams. Order using stolen …Yep this is normal due to parcel intercept scams. Order using stolen credit cards and send to random address and wait for couriers

Think it’s more to do with the GPS tracking location.
paulj4848 m ago

It might be these days but it wasn’t 10 years ago when I worked as a courier it was due to parcel intercept scams.
paulj4827/04/2019 15:39

Spot on,

It's exactly what he said - and there was no way he was handing it over until he had scanned it at the front door 😁
Bingstroller15 h, 55 m ago

Spot on, It's exactly what he said - and there was no way he was handing …Spot on, It's exactly what he said - and there was no way he was handing it over until he had scanned it at the front door 😁

GPS is only accurate to between 4.9m-10m, in a row of terraces this could be either of your neighbours. It’s performance is also affected by proximity to buildings too making it less accurate.

gps.gov/sys…cy/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions