Courier for a 24kg parcel

Posted 9th Jul 2020
Anyone got any ideas for cheaply moving a parcel on the mainland 130x 80 x50. eBay is not giving an option to deliver. Thx
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
Is it not possible to repackage into smaller boxes?
seems to be too large for couriers so may have to send on pallet
Bear in mind those dimensions give you a volumetric weight of 130kg so you'd be charged that with normal couriers, not 24kg.
let’s say it will be £50 if you send as pallet

so if you could split it into 4 packages, each weighing 6kg, you would easily find a courier to take them for less than £12 each.

and I might have a discount code for you you, I’ll check my email
Go UPS and get a quote click.
Try quoting via Parcel2Go.com - they'll show you the options available for services and price and whether it's drop off or book a courier to pick up from you. You can get up to 20% off your first order when you know someone who uses the service. I've used it a few times and had good experiences.
Basically it looks like selling anything that big or over 20kg is a bad idea!
kman001309/07/2020 10:56

Is it not possible to repackage into smaller boxes?seems to be too large …Is it not possible to repackage into smaller boxes?seems to be too large for couriers so may have to send on pallet

No it’s one big box. I would have open it then not BNIB.
morgie09/07/2020 13:24

Try quoting via Parcel2Go.com - they'll show you the options available for …Try quoting via Parcel2Go.com - they'll show you the options available for services and price and whether it's drop off or book a courier to pick up from you. You can get up to 20% off your first order when you know someone who uses the service. I've used it a few times and had good experiences.

It’s too large to quote 😩
Sc4mp009/07/2020 11:04

Bear in mind those dimensions give you a volumetric weight of 130kg so …Bear in mind those dimensions give you a volumetric weight of 130kg so you'd be charged that with normal couriers, not 24kg.

Omg you’re right UPS billing at 98kg. 😩
try HERE
give interparcel a try
Jay9109/07/2020 16:19

give interparcel a try

£55/ that’s looking better. Thx
Edited by: "Monaco.Blue" 9th Jul
morgie09/07/2020 15:05

How about Shiply then?

Yes forgot about them - willtry later on home pc. Thx
The link mendoza is providing is for speedshift.co.uk
Jay9109/07/2020 16:55

The link mendoza is providing is for speedshift.co.uk

£60. I need to deliver this in 2 weeks so will need to set up a project. Other people have delivered at £5 which makes no sense to me
Manual handling permits a max of 25kg
what’s that website when you put up a job, and then people send you quotes?

uship or weship? something like that
All thanks for your help. Found this which I think will suit me. Hope it helps others. Your input has been amazing

parcelforce.com/mar…ing
Monaco.Blue10/07/2020 07:31

All thanks for your help. Found this which I think will suit me. Hope it …All thanks for your help. Found this which I think will suit me. Hope it helps others. Your input has been amazing https://www.parcelforce.com/marketplace-shipping

Have you got a quote from it yet and used it? Just a quick look but I don't think it's for boxes the size of what you want to send.
Sc4mp010/07/2020 08:26

Have you got a quote from it yet and used it? Just a quick look but I …Have you got a quote from it yet and used it? Just a quick look but I don't think it's for boxes the size of what you want to send.

Ah, no I haven’t. I thought it was by weight. The comparison price at the bottom matches their quoted normal website price by weight and size (plus VAT I think) so I assumed the saving applied to my price. My brain is addled I’ve checked that many prices... Will check it out properly later.
Monaco.Blue10/07/2020 09:15

Ah, no I haven’t. I thought it was by weight. The comparison price at t …Ah, no I haven’t. I thought it was by weight. The comparison price at the bottom matches their quoted normal website price by weight and size (plus VAT I think) so I assumed the saving applied to my price. My brain is addled I’ve checked that many prices... Will check it out properly later.

Just remember when they say weight it's not just physical weight but volumetric which they take into consideration.

Courier companies have a certain amount of space they can use in their vehicles, so if something weights 1kg but takes up 400kg worth of volumetric space that is a lot of money they would lose if they just charged for the physical weight.
Okay. Finally had a chance to look at this. Yes, it does cover my item, but due to Covid Royal Mail have temporarily suspended their express large 24 and 48 service. Nightmare - it would have been £10!

• Individual parcels can weigh up to 30kg. Your full consignment of parcels can weigh as much as you wish
  • Parcels can be up to 2.5 metres in length and the length and girth combined should not exceed more than 4 metres
Edited by: "Monaco.Blue" 10th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text